[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] How long does it take to register JRComm...

valentine@zeus.unomaha.edu (04/02/91)

Is it me, or does it take a LOOOOOOONG time to get a registered copy of JRComm?

I sent in the full amount for printed docs and disks about 42 days ago (about)
and I haven't heard word one about it.  I'm getting VERY tired of seeing that
irritating, red, PLEASE-REGISTER-SCREEN.  If the Author is reading this, and
I know you read this group, have you received my check?

Just wondering (and swearing at the delay screen)

Chris Olson, residant Amiga Fanatic
 _   _   _
| |_| |_| |
 \       /      Name: Chris Olson (aka Lord Valentine)
 _|_|_|_|__________

king@motcid.UUCP (Steven King) (04/03/91)

In article <11848.27f77690@zeus.unomaha.edu> valentine@zeus.unomaha.edu writes:
>Is it me, or does it take a LOOOOOOONG time to get a registered copy of JRComm?

It's not just you.  I sent in my check going on two months ago now and
haven't seen hide nor hair of the product.  I sent the author email last week
and haven't heard a reply yet; hopefully I'll get one soon.  Either that or
I'll have to phone him or his BBS and find out what the devil's taking so
long.

Jack, if you're reading this, I can understand production delays.  I write
software for a living, BELIEVE me I understand production delays!  But it
would help a heckuvalot if you could drop a postcard to all those who are
waiting saying something to the effect of, "I'm really backed up, the new
version is almost debugged, don't worry I haven't forgetten."

--
---------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
All power corrupts, but we need electricity.       |        Steven King
                                                   |     Motorola Cellular
                                     (D. W. Jones) |   ...uunet!motcid!king

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (04/04/91)

In article <4908@orchid3.UUCP> king@motcid.UUCP (Steven King) writes:
>In article <11848.27f77690@zeus.unomaha.edu> valentine@zeus.unomaha.edu writes:
>>Is it me, or does it take a LOOOOOOONG time to get a registered copy of JRComm?
>
>It's not just you.  I sent in my check going on two months ago now and
>haven't seen hide nor hair of the product.  I sent the author email last week
>and haven't heard a reply yet; hopefully I'll get one soon.  Either that or
>I'll have to phone him or his BBS and find out what the devil's taking so
>long.
>[...]

Hey, hey, let's all chill out.  If you ARE registered, you can call
Jack's BBS and download the registered version no problem.  I think he's
made this clear in the unregistered help screen.  He's just finished
1.02 as of April 2, and he is sending copies to everyone immediately.

I think we'll all appreciate the time Jack put into 1.02.

>All power corrupts, but we need electricity.       |        Steven King

Dave Hopper      |     /// Anthro Creep  | Academic Info Resources, Stanford
                 |__  ///     .   .      | Macincrap/UNIX Consultant
bard@jessica.    |\\\///     Ia! Ia!     | -- Just remember: love is life, and
   Stanford.EDU  | \XX/  Shub-Niggurath! | hate is living death. :Black Sabbath

king@motcid.UUCP (Steven King) (04/08/91)

In article <1991Apr4.004930.26095@leland.Stanford.EDU> bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) writes:
>In article <4908@orchid3.UUCP> king@motcid.UUCP (Steven King) writes:
>>It's not just you.  I sent in my check going on two months ago now and
>>haven't seen hide nor hair of the product.  I sent the author email last week
>>and haven't heard a reply yet; hopefully I'll get one soon.  Either that or
>>I'll have to phone him or his BBS and find out what the devil's taking so
>>long.
>>[...]
>
>Hey, hey, let's all chill out.  If you ARE registered, you can call
>Jack's BBS and download the registered version no problem.  I think he's
>made this clear in the unregistered help screen.  He's just finished
>1.02 as of April 2, and he is sending copies to everyone immediately.

Actually, I was pretty chill.  I'm wasn't upset, just wondering where my
money is.  If I flame, you'll know it!  :-)  Even if I am registered I have
no intention of downloading the release from his BBS.  Long distance charges
at 2400 baud are NOT our friends!

>I think we'll all appreciate the time Jack put into 1.02.

Agreed.  But we'd all appreciate it more if we knew for a fact that he was
working on it and not just taking all our hard earned money and running,
n'est-ce pas?  My situation was this:  I've sent a man I don't know thirty
(or whatever the fee is) dollars.  Since that time I haven't seen the
product, any announcement that the product would be delayed, or signs of the
man active on the nets.  Wouldn't *you* start to wondering?

As it turns out, the very day I posted my message Jack responded to the email
I sent him.  I don't think he'll mind me spreading the word.  (At least I
*hope* he won't mind, 'cause I'm about to do it!)  Here's to hoping he found
the last bug!