[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] GCCHost, 3.5b

gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) (04/06/91)

Okay, folks.  I've had QUITE a few people asking about where this
program would be found.  Rest easy, folks.  It's now on AB20.  Under
/incoming/amiga/fidostuff, files gcc_3_5b_exec.lzh and gcc_3_5b_docs.lzh.

If anyone needs help, leave mail.  Works under 1.3, and 2.0, as long
as you have Arexx.
--
- gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu -	|  IBM's brain is on overload, and Apple
	Gregory Block		|  needs to be potty-trained.  C= may not

mcr@Sandelman.OCUnix.on.ca (Michael Richardson) (04/08/91)

In article <10802@uwm.edu> gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) writes:
>Okay, folks.  I've had QUITE a few people asking about where this
>program would be found.  Rest easy, folks.  It's now on AB20.  Under
>/incoming/amiga/fidostuff, files gcc_3_5b_exec.lzh and
>gcc_3_5b_docs.lzh.

  This is NOT GNU CC.
  The silly person that wrote it couldn't be bothered to make his name
unique.

--
   :!mcr!:            |  The postmaster never | So much mail,
   Michael Richardson |    resolves twice.    |  so little time.

umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Daryl Turner) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr7.175445.5097@Sandelman.OCUnix.on.ca> mcr@Sandelman.OCUnix.on.ca (Michael Richardson) writes:
>In article <10802@uwm.edu> gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) writes:
>>Okay, folks.  I've had QUITE a few people asking about where this
>>program would be found.  Rest easy, folks.  It's now on AB20.  Under
>>/incoming/amiga/fidostuff, files gcc_3_5b_exec.lzh and
>>gcc_3_5b_docs.lzh.
>
>  This is NOT GNU CC.
>  The silly person that wrote it couldn't be bothered to make his name
>unique.
>

>--
>   :!mcr!:            |  The postmaster never | So much mail,
>   Michael Richardson |    resolves twice.    |  so little time.
>HOME: mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca 	Bell: (613) 237-5629
>    Small Ottawa nodes contact me about joining ocunix.on.ca!

GCC is nothing more than the short form of GlobalConferenceControl.

Daryl Turner
Internet: umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca
Urrrrrggghhhh!,    What a RRRRRUSH! -Road Warrior Hawk, The Legion of Doom

gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) (04/11/91)

From article <1991Apr7.175445.5097@Sandelman.OCUnix.on.ca>, by mcr@Sandelman.OCUnix.on.ca (Michael Richardson):

>   This is NOT GNU CC.
>   The silly person that wrote it couldn't be bothered to make his name
> unique.

What a complete and total genius....  Of course it's not, I never
claimed it was.  And THIS GCC (GlobalConferenceControl) has been
around for three or four years...  Besides, what would a compiler be
doing in "FIDOSTUFF" pray-tell???  Refrain from silly comments.  Logic
dictates that this isn't "GCC" by GNU.  It is a FidoNet mailing package...
--
- gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu -	|  IBM's brain is on overload, and Apple
	Gregory Block		|  needs to be potty-trained.  C= may not
Toaster+Amiga=The One True DTV	|  be marketing geniuses, but theyre the
________________________________|  best engineers I've seen...     -Wubba

cs450a03@uc780.umd.edu (04/11/91)

Gregory Block      >
Michael Richardson >>
>>   This is NOT GNU CC.
>What a complete and total genius....  Of course it's not, I never
>claimed it was.  And THIS GCC (GlobalConferenceControl) has been
>around for three or four years...

Coming soon, from out of the woodwork near you:

ADA  AdvancedDifferentialAlgorithms
CPP  CriticalProgrammingProject
DIR  DailyInventoryRegister
FTP  FederalTaxPackage

and, of course

TLA  TransientLineAnalyser

Obligatory datacomm question:  Last weekend, on the back of an
ATalkIII package, I saw reference to its scrollback buffer.  An
earlier email conversation I had with somebody from this newsgroup had
informed me that ATalkIII doesn't do scrollback.  Anyone know the true
scoop?

Happy centenial day,

Raul Rockwell