[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Big problems with JRComm

gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) (04/10/91)

Okay, here's the problem.  This bbs that's local (Hidden Harbor,
353-1932, in the 414 area if you really need to know) is giving JRComm
1.02 hell.  See, it shows this text file on screen, and all of a
sudden the screen is demolished, and bitplanes fly all over the
screen, little black and white things like something from Poltergeist
(static), and what used to be on the screen (little images of lines
and stuff) fly and make a big mess.  I can no longer output to the
terminal.  But, most of the time, I can quit.  so I quit, and rerun
the program.  And it says it can't get enough memory to show any
windows, so I'm stuck there.  I don't know if it's doing something to
the chip ram, if something's left in ram that wasn't deallocated, or
if the chip is just being molested, or what.  But whatever it is, I'm
forced to reboot to be able to run it again...  I've seen similar
things off and on (the screen like that, anyways) in every version
I've ever used, but this is the only time i've ever been able to
pinpoint anything quite like this.  Any ideas?

Greg
--
- gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu -	|  IBM's brain is on overload, and Apple
	Gregory Block		|  needs to be potty-trained.  C= may not

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (04/13/91)

gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) writes:

>Okay, here's the problem.  This bbs that's local (Hidden Harbor,
>353-1932, in the 414 area if you really need to know) is giving JRComm
>1.02 hell.  See, it shows this text file on screen, and all of a
>sudden the screen is demolished, and bitplanes fly all over the
>screen, little black and white things like something from Poltergeist
>(static), and what used to be on the screen (little images of lines
>and stuff) fly and make a big mess.  I can no longer output to the
>terminal.  But, most of the time, I can quit.  so I quit, and rerun
>the program.  And it says it can't get enough memory to show any

  First, is this with a patched 1.02?

  If so, I'd appreciate a capture of the data that causes this problem.
Along with a copy of your jrc.diag file.

  -jack-