[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Looking for ZOO and LHARC for a VAX/VMS

Gelson Dias Santos <GELSON%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@uicvm.uic.edu> (04/23/91)

I use a VAX/VMS to ftp software for my amiga and I would like to know where
can I find ZOO and LHARC decompressors for that machine. I want to test the
files before take it to home.

* Gelson Dias Santos  *  Bitnet/Internet: GELSON@SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR  *
*                     *  Sorry, english is not my native language!  *
*       BRAZIL        *           (Alguem fala portugues?)          *

lhotka@incstar.com (05/01/91)

In article <51626@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, GELSON%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@uicvm.uic.edu (Gelson Dias Santos) writes:
> I use a VAX/VMS to ftp software for my amiga and I would like to know where
> can I find ZOO and LHARC decompressors for that machine. I want to test the
> files before take it to home.

zoo can be had from a number of ftp sites - wuarchive.wustl.edu comes to mind.

lharc can be had from the MTROYAL mailserver.  Unfortunately I don't have the
entire address handy for this server...

Both are quite compatable with Amiga versions of the programs, though they pose
some interesting problems when used with various VMS file types as they
generate STREAM_LF files exclusively, thereby destroying indexed or other
special format files.  They should work wonderfully for your purposes however,
as I use them in a similar fashion frequently.

 Rockford Lhotka                                INCSTAR Corp
 Applications Project Leader                    1990 Industrial Blvd
 lhotka@incstar.com                             PO Box 285
 612/779-1701                                   Stillwater, MN 55082