[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] MNP5 with JRComm and SupraModem Plus

grmg6820@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Geoffrey R. Mason) (04/30/91)

Hey there, I have been using a Supramodem 2400 with JRComm for a couple of
months now, and I have recently purchased a Supramodem 2400 Plus.  I have
tried a number of different modem setups to get it to work perfectly, but
nothing seems to work right.

If anyone can let me know what modem parameters, etc... etc... I have to
change, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

By the way, I seem to be able to get as far as connecting in a reliable
mode with MNP error correcting, but the computer on hte other end won't
respond after that..

--
Geoffrey R. Mason		|	grmg6820@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Department of Psychology	|	gmason@s.psych.uiuc.edu

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (05/01/91)

grmg6820@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Geoffrey R. Mason) writes:

>By the way, I seem to be able to get as far as connecting in a reliable
>mode with MNP error correcting, but the computer on hte other end won't
>respond after that..

  The most common problems with an MNP modem are having autobaud active in
either the comm program or the modem.  You have to set both of them up to
a fixed baud rate, usually 4800 or 9600bps for a 2400bps MNP modem.

  Hope this helps.

  -jack-