[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] VLT and Jrcomm

sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Homicidal Lunatic) (05/04/91)

I access my schools mainframe with my amiga 500 with 1 meg and 2 floppies via
modem and have been trying to find a term Im most comfortable with. My friend
uses VLT to do this on his 3000 and while I like the fact he can use his arrow
keys easily, I hate the look of VLT, it seems clumsier than Jrcomm <and I just
cant seem to get VLT to run, Im missing a few library files and on a copy I
once used even though I had the xprzmodem library (since deleted) vlt told me
it couldnt find that file and would not do Zmodem Xfers> and I've had lots of
problems running VLT as I just mentioned, however with Jrcomm I dont know how
to use the cursor keys like my friend does with VLT and I have to clear the
screen so that JRcomm will format the incoming data correctly. My terminal is
in interlaced mode <i use vt100 for jrcomm, i tried vt102 once and i had quite
a few bugs with it> and on cunix, i have my terminal set to 40 rows but until I
hit right-amiga-X, it appears as if my terminal is in "forced 80x25" mode when
it isn't.  can anyone give me any recommendations on what to do, etc, what
programs to use, etc.?

<I also like how on VLT when I have it set to Ansi mode, RN looks colorful. And
last but not least when using jrcomm when I have the vt-10X set to "Custom
Pallette" the screen constantly flashes. Why?>

This is a test
sig under construction

6600dmx@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Richard A. Boyd) (05/04/91)

Do yourself a favor and pick up NComm v1.92.  It is
MUCH better than JR-Comm and emulates vt-100 damn
well.  Also, there is no silly delay screen popping
up at bad moments messing up your work.

In article <11037@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600dmx@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Richard A. Boyd) writes:

>Do yourself a favor and pick up NComm v1.92.  It is
>MUCH better than JR-Comm and emulates vt-100 damn
>well.  Also, there is no silly delay screen popping
>up at bad moments messing up your work.

Im unlharcing it now and it lookds very strangely like a BBS program. Is it???

"All power comes from the barrel of a gun"  //
sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu            \\ // Amiga makes it possibly
                                         \X/