[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] VLT zmodem

sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Homicidal Lunatic) (05/08/91)

Ive been having a hard time with Zmodem Xfers on VLT. Basically, what sometimes
happens is my buffer overflows and I get garbage and the Xfer is aborted,
filling my screen with garbage for a few minutes until the unix system stops
sending me the file I requested. Any suggestions?

**********************************PiRho****************************************
"All power comes from the barrel of a gun"  //
sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu            \\ // Amiga makes it possible
                                         \X/

cdibenedetto@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (05/08/91)

In article <1991May8.055523.14068@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Homicidal Lunatic) writes:
> Ive been having a hard time with Zmodem Xfers on VLT. Basically, what sometimes
> happens is my buffer overflows and I get garbage and the Xfer is aborted,
> filling my screen with garbage for a few minutes until the unix system stops
> sending me the file I requested. Any suggestions?

	One suggestion I have is to try and change the buffer size.  Its under
the external options in the transfers pulldown menu.  I had a similar problem
with it aborting downloads of over 100K.  What happend was the buffer would
overflow before it could be completely written do disk.  If you have a hard
drive, set it higher, if not, set it lower (I user 8K).
	I hope this helps.

----
Cesi

 Why are you so terse and dull tonight?  Too much fiber in your diet
 causing you to to be flatulent and need to go to the crapper too often?
				-- The Usenet Oracle

RW1VSANU@MIAMIU.BITNET (05/09/91)

I had the same problem when I tried to use the default buffer size of 16K.  The
first 16K would transfer correctly and write to disk, but after a couple more K
the transfer would abort with the VAX returning a "device not in configuration"
error.  If I change it to a 10K buffer, the downloads go smoothly.  I don't
know why this happens - it may be VLT or it may be XPRZmodem.  Kind of related
question to this: does anyone know the VLT script/init command to set up an
external protocol and send commands to it (ie. so I could have my init file
change the buffer size to 10K so I don't have to do it by hand everytime I want
to download)?

                                       RobBob    //
                                               cX/ (dare to be the best)