[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Popular 9600 modems?

vencgr@wwc1.UUCP (Gregory D. Vence) (05/08/91)

Hi all,
	I'm looking for a 9600 baud modem.  What are you using, and what do
you like about it?
	Is there a standard modem used in the Amiga area ie USRobotics, or
TrailBlazer... ?
	Thanx in advance,
		Greg.

+---------------------------------------------+--------------------------+
I Greg Vence -- KH2EA/7 (Yeah, Guam is home)  I Amiga gets the job done. I
I vencgr%wwc1@hpspkla.spk.hp.com              I                          I
+---------------------------------------------+--------------------------+

dinn@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael 'Moose' Dinn) (05/08/91)

In article <9105072048.AA08519@wwc1.wwc.edu> vencgr@wwc1.UUCP (Gregory D. Vence) writes:
>	Is there a standard modem used in the Amiga area ie USRobotics, or
>TrailBlazer... ?
It's simple. If you want Unix, or run UUCP, get a Telebit. Otherwise, get
a USR.

 Telebits are great at UUCP... USRs are better at Zmodem. It has to do with
the protocol they use to communicate. Whatever modem you buy, make sure it
does V.32 as well so you'll be compatible with the rest of the planet. :-)

--
 Michael Dinn, Sysop of the Moose's Swamp - Nova Scotia's largest Amiga BBS
 +1 (902) 463-0483, 3/12/24/48/96/14,400 baud * 170 Megabytes online

Greg_Bastow@tvbbs.UUCP (Greg_Bastow) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May8.121103.1425@cs.dal.ca> dinn@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael 'Moose' Dinn) writes:
>In article <9105072048.AA08519@wwc1.wwc.edu> vencgr@wwc1.UUCP (Gregory D. Vence) writes:
>>   Is there a standard modem used in the Amiga area ie USRobotics, or
>>TrailBlazer... ?
>It's simple. If you want Unix, or run UUCP, get a Telebit. Otherwise, get
>a USR.
>
> Telebits are great at UUCP... USRs are better at Zmodem. It has to do with
>the protocol they use to communicate. Whatever modem you buy, make sure it
>does V.32 as well so you'll be compatible with the rest of the planet. :-)
>
>--
> Michael Dinn, Sysop of the Moose's Swamp - Nova Scotia's largest Amiga BBS
> +1 (902) 463-0483, 3/12/24/48/96/14,400 baud * 170 Megabytes online
> School: mdinn@ac.dal.ca, dinn@ug.cs.dal.ca     | These are my opinions and
> Work:   01Moose@dalac.bitnet IRC-Op: Moose     | noone else's. (blame me :-)

--
       _