[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] new protocol

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (05/07/91)

  We have just designed a new protocol that has been fully successful on
multiple computer formats, and are ready to begin distribution, starting with
an Amiga version of our protocol. Our protocol fits a niche in downloading
that has yet to be filled, and will be used to help save extra time for
many people on the internet. Although it will not replace zmodem, it is
definitely needed for it's main special feature.

  Now how do I make it into an external protocol so everyone can use it?
Right now we plan on releasing a stand alone program, kind of like sz and rz.
Please help. Thanks. :)

--
           David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN
   "If you think that we're here for the money, we could live without it.

dltaylor@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Dan Taylor) (05/09/91)

In <1991May7.152428.9103@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:

>  Now how do I make it into an external protocol so everyone can use it?
>Right now we plan on releasing a stand alone program, kind of like sz and rz.
>Please help. Thanks. :)

Release it as an XPR library.  Then those datacom program that support
the interface can get to it, without recompiling.  Please test the
library for multiple concurrent use.

Dan Taylor

xgr39@isuvax.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) (05/09/91)

In article <945@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM>, dltaylor@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Dan Taylor) writes:
>In <1991May7.152428.9103@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:
>
>>  Now how do I make it into an external protocol so everyone can use it?
>>Right now we plan on releasing a stand alone program, kind of like sz and rz.
>>Please help. Thanks. :)
>
>Release it as an XPR library.  Then those datacom program that support
>the interface can get to it, without recompiling.  Please test the
>library for multiple concurrent use.

   To me, it sounds like he would like to release his new protocol as
an XPR library, but he does not have any information on writing these
XPR-compatible external libraries.  Now if one of you Amiga programming
super-gods coudl give him some of this information, I am sure he would
be willing to release his protocol as an XPR library.

>Dan Taylor

 / Marc Barrett  -MB- | BITNET:   XGR39@ISUVAX.BITNET        /
/  ISU COM S Student  | Internet: XGR39@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU   /
\  ISU : The Home of the Goon                             /
 \       Who wants to Blow Up the Moon                   /

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (05/14/91)

In article <1991May9.140911.6774@news.iastate.edu> xgr39@isuvax.iastate.edu writes:
>In article <945@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM>, dltaylor@cns.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Dan Taylor) writes:
>>In <1991May7.152428.9103@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:
>>
>>>  Now how do I make it into an external protocol so everyone can use it?
>>>Right now we plan on releasing a stand alone program, kind of like sz and rz.
>>>Please help. Thanks. :)
>>
>>Release it as an XPR library.  Then those datacom program that support
>>the interface can get to it, without recompiling.  Please test the
>>library for multiple concurrent use.
>
>   To me, it sounds like he would like to release his new protocol as
>an XPR library, but he does not have any information on writing these
>XPR-compatible external libraries.  Now if one of you Amiga programming
>super-gods coudl give him some of this information, I am sure he would
>be willing to release his protocol as an XPR library.

  Exactly! :)

--
begin 644 dh3:uploads/killchip
M```#\P`````````"``````````$````_`````0```^D````_,_Q```#?\)HLH
M>0````1![@%"(%!*D&<``'8B:``*(`EK\`R10VAI<&;H#*@`"````!AEWB0\4
M`!```)2H`!@B/``(``"2@B)H`!`@"="I``1*D6<.#(``"```9```,B)18.B3F
MJ0`$DZ@`''`(2$`M0``^D((A0``8<@!![@`B<!?26%'(__Q&03"!?@!@!'X*D
M=`!X"$A$*@0D1-J%FH(@1'0@T<)"D"8%EH1T():"(4,`!#5\"G\`""5\`/P#I
M,@`*-7P`!0`.)40`%"5%`!@E2``0)@66A'0@EH(E0P`<(DI![@%"3J[_$#/\)
JP```W_":(`=P`$YU```````````#[`````````/R```#ZP````$```/R+
``
end
size 312

ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May14.145524.27476@sbcs.sunysb.edu>, dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:
> In article <1991May9.140911.6774@news.iastate.edu> xgr39@isuvax.iastate.edu writes:

>>>Release it as an XPR library.  Then those datacom program that support
>>>the interface can get to it, without recompiling.  Please test the
>>>library for multiple concurrent use.
>>
>>   To me, it sounds like he would like to release his new protocol as
>>an XPR library, but he does not have any information on writing these
>>XPR-compatible external libraries.  Now if one of you Amiga programming
>>super-gods coudl give him some of this information, I am sure he would
>>be willing to release his protocol as an XPR library.
>>

>   Exactly! :)
>

>>>Dan Taylor

You can find the XPR protocol specification on the mail server at
	MRCserv@Janus.MtRoyal.AB.CA
You will find XPRSPEC.ZOO in the [Amiga.COMM] directory.  There are also
sources included in XPRZMODEM-210.LZH, XPRXMODEM.LZH, and XPRKERMIT15.LZH.
Please be aware that XPRkermit does not allow multiple processes to use the
protocol at the same time, something BBS operators should be allowed to do.
Watch for this limitation if you use it as an example.

--
        .../Ed     Preferrred:  Ed.Wilts@BSC.Galaxy.BCSystems.Gov.BC.CA
Ed Wilts            Alternate:  EdWilts@BCSC02.BITNET    (604) 389-3430