[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Fixes for HandShake2.20c

ISCOVE@utoroci.bitnet (05/15/91)

--
Two problems have been noted in earlier posts concerning the
HandShake2.20c release.

The first was incorrect interaction with xprzmodem2.1.  The fix
for this was indicated to me by Eric Haberfellner.  The problem
was a bug in the utility for converting old parm files to the
new format.  The fix is to generate the HandShake.parms file
from scratch from the HandShake2.20c menu.  After doing this,
xprzmodem2.1 worked correctly.

The second problem was intermittent crashing when dialling from
the phone directory.  It looks like this was simply a stack
overflow problem.  I have had no further crashes after setting
the stack size to 8000 in the appropriate icons.

The above holds for a B2000 running WB1.3.2.

Norman Iscove    iscove@utoroci.bitnet
--

alex@bilver.uucp (Alex Matulich) (05/19/91)

In article <53696@nigel.ee.udel.edu> ISCOVE@utoroci.bitnet writes:
>Two problems have been noted in earlier posts concerning the
>HandShake2.20c release.
>
>The first was incorrect interaction with xprzmodem2.1.
>[...]  The fix is to generate the HandShake.parms file
>from scratch from the HandShake2.20c menu.  After doing this,
>xprzmodem2.1 worked correctly.

Not for me!  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I feel that
perhaps the fault here is not with Handshake.

>The second problem was intermittent crashing when dialling from
>the phone directory.  It looks like this was simply a stack
>overflow problem.  I have had no further crashes after setting
>the stack size to 8000 in the appropriate icons.

I have this problem also, but I never run handshake from an icon, always
from a CLI, and my stack is set to 8192 bytes at all times.

>The above holds for a B2000 running WB1.3.2.

But not, apparently, for an A1000 running WB1.3.2.  I am unconvinced that
the fixes you describe are actually final solutions to the problems you
(and I) experienced.  But thanks for posting your article anyway.

>Norman Iscove    iscove@utoroci.bitnet

--
 _ |__  Alex Matulich
 /(+__>  Unicorn Research Corp, 4621 N Landmark Dr, Orlando, FL 32817
//| \     UUCP:  alex@bilver.uucp   <or>  ...uunet!tarpit!bilver!alex
///__)     bitnet:  IN%"bilver!alex@uunet.uu.net"