[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Graphics BBS's

lawsons@csgrad.cs.vt.edu (05/21/91)

I've heard a little bit about BBS/term programs for the Amiga which support
graphics/sound/menus/etc.  Can anyone tell me a little about some of these,
and where they might be obtained?  I'm interested in starting up a BBS in my
area, and with the large Amiga community that's developing here, I think a
graphic BBS could be successful.

Thanks!

Shannon Lawson
Graduate Student
Bradley Department of Electrical Engineering
lawsons@csgrad.cs.vt.edu

rkent@sparc1.sparc1.csubak.edu (Rick Kent) (05/22/91)

In article <1236@creatures.cs.vt.edu> lawsons@csgrad.cs.vt.edu () writes:
>I've heard a little bit about BBS/term programs for the Amiga which support
>graphics/sound/menus/etc.  Can anyone tell me a little about some of these,
>and where they might be obtained?  I'm interested in starting up a BBS in my
>area, and with the large Amiga community that's developing here, I think a
>graphic BBS could be successful.

I too am interested in graphic BBS's and am beginning to program one
myself (don't look for it too soon however).  Atredes BBS is one BBS on
the market that currently has graphic capabilities, though I was not
very impressed with it.  Since JR-COM supports Atredes graphics, you can
use it to call an Atredes BBS and see the graphics.  Anybody know of any
other graphic BBS's for the Amiga?

--
Rick Kent                                              // Only
California State University, Bakersfield             \X/  Amiga!

markg@amix.commodore.com (Mark Gardner) (05/24/91)

lawsons@csgrad.cs.vt.edu writes:

> I've heard a little bit about BBS/term programs for the Amiga which support
> graphics/sound/menus/etc.  Can anyone tell me a little about some of these,
> and where they might be obtained?  I'm interested in starting up a BBS in my
> area, and with the large Amiga community that's developing here, I think a
> graphic BBS could be successful.
>
> Thanks!

Skyline BBS (currently at version 1.32, I believe) by Michael Cox is
probably what you're thinking of.  It supports the SkyPix graphics
protocol, which allows for the drawing of graphics, brushes, playing of
sounds, and creation of mouse hit-boxes on screen.  For a fairly good (if
not fully polished) example of this BBS, call Valhalla East at
215/431-2153, based right here in West Chester.

> Shannon Lawson
> Graduate Student
> Bradley Department of Electrical Engineering
> lawsons@csgrad.cs.vt.edu

Mark Gardner

UUCP: uunet!cbmvax!amix!undrground!markg
Internet: undrground!markg@amix.commodore.com