[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] AS225 tcp/ip and A2065 board

jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) (05/18/91)

rick@tmiuv0.uucp writes:
>The only major glitch I've run into is bogus messages from the FTP software,
>but the release disks tell you (in a readme file) to ignore those messages.

With the beta version of AS225, I used to backup my Amiga from my HP
workstation using:

    #!/bin/sh
    remsh amiga copy dh1:utility/tar/tar ram:
    remsh amiga tar cf - dh0: dh1: dh2: dh3: | tcio -o -S 8 /dev/ctape1

This would create a tar file on QIC tape, with the tape drive connected
to the HP.  Worked great for about a year.  I recently installed the
release version of the AS225 software, and it no longer works.  I can
copy the tar program to RAM:, but it hangs trying to execute tar.  After
it hangs, if I make another connection to the Amiga's remshd, it gurus.

Any ideas?  Is it possible to file a bug report?

--
Jim Wright
jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu

In article <jwright.674561682@cfht.hawaii.edu> jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) writes:
>Any ideas?  Is it possible to file a bug report?

	Bug reports can be filed by sending mail to bugs@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.
com.  Be sure to include a full description of your hardware, version of the
OS you're running (use "version"), procedure to repeat the bug, any other
utilities or applications running (try to remove as many of these as possible
before reporting), etc.

--
Randell Jesup, Jack-of-quite-a-few-trades, Commodore Engineering.
Disclaimer: Nothing I say is anything other than my personal opinion.

rick@tmi.com (05/28/91)

In article <jwright.674561682@cfht.hawaii.edu>, jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) writes:

> With the beta version of AS225, I used to backup my Amiga from my HP
> workstation using:
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     remsh amiga copy dh1:utility/tar/tar ram:
>     remsh amiga tar cf - dh0: dh1: dh2: dh3: | tcio -o -S 8 /dev/ctape1
>
> This would create a tar file on QIC tape, with the tape drive connected
> to the HP.  Worked great for about a year.  I recently installed the
> release version of the AS225 software, and it no longer works.  I can
> copy the tar program to RAM:, but it hangs trying to execute tar.  After
> it hangs, if I make another connection to the Amiga's remshd, it gurus.
>
> Any ideas?  Is it possible to file a bug report?

I would guess you could squawk at CBM directly.  I haven't tried anything
like that myself, since I have Wangtek SCSI tapes (150MB) on my systems.
I normally use the stuff to send things to/from the Amoeba to Unix beasts.
I use the tapes for local backup.  Ah, well.
.--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|[- O] Rick Stevens                                                        |
|  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop     |
|  V                (rick@tmi.com)              (sysop@ssssc.com)          |
|      CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)           |
|                                                                          |
|           "If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid!"                |

jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) (05/29/91)

rick@tmi.com writes:
>jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) writes:
>> I recently installed the release version of the AS225 software,
>> and [my backup script] no longer works.

>I would guess you could squawk at CBM directly.

This I did, and got a prompt reply that the "squawk" had been received.
No word on work-arounds or fixes though.  Through email, I've learned of
and confirmed a number of bugs in the AS225.