[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Multi-plane scrolling

ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) (06/06/91)

In article <matt.0079@vrtwo.UUCP>, matt@vrtwo.UUCP (Matt Buford) writes:

> The screen flickering is part of the Amiga... It is usually only on 16 color
> screens, and worse with certain colors... And an accelerated Amiga shouldn't
> have as much of a problem... It is caused by each bitplane being scrolled one
> at a time... I believe it is documented right in the JR-Comm docs...

An accelerated Amiga should have the same problem since the blitter is doing
the scrolling, not the cpu.  Use CPUblit if you want the CPU to do the
scrolling for you.

--
        .../Ed     Preferrred:  Ed.Wilts@BSC.Galaxy.BCSystems.Gov.BC.CA
Ed Wilts            Alternate:  EdWilts@BCSC02.BITNET    (604) 389-3430