[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] TIFF/GIF-2-IFF [AMIGA].... is this possible?

bsercomb@gara.une.oz.au (Katani) (06/04/91)

Anyone know of a program for the amiga that converts all of these wonderful
pictures I keep FTP'ing to our unix to IFF/amiga??
Some of this stuff is fantastic and I would *really* like to have the pics
on Dpaint III!!

dingebre@imp.sim.es.com (David Ingebretsen) (06/05/91)

In article <6802@gara.une.oz.au>, bsercomb@gara.une.oz.au (Katani) writes:
> Anyone know of a program for the amiga that converts all of these wonderful
> pictures I keep FTP'ing to our unix to IFF/amiga??
> Some of this stuff is fantastic and I would *really* like to have the pics
> on Dpaint III!!

I grabbed two utilities from ab20, GIFFtoIFF and GIFtoRGB. They were in the
amiga/graphics/conv directory. I have found them to work well and have
been able to convert many GIF files.

David

David Ingebretsen
Evans and Sutherland Computer Corporation
600 Komas Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
(801) 582-5847 x3758

dingebre@es.com

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (06/07/91)

In article <6802@gara.une.oz.au> bsercomb@gara.une.oz.au (Katani) writes:
>Anyone know of a program for the amiga that converts all of these wonderful
>pictures I keep FTP'ing to our unix to IFF/amiga??

The accepted standard for converting any sort of picture to any other
sort of picture are the products produced by our company. These include
The Art Department (TAD) and Art Department Professional (ADPro). If
you need to go in only one direction (anything to Amiga only) then
the less expensive TAD will do. If you wish to go both ways then
ADPro is right for you.

PD/Shareware solutions do exist as well which do one thing or another
but none that offer the scope, quality or speed of the commerical
products.

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry