[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Amiga-SMTP

wasp@chumly.ka.sub.org (Walter Mildenberger) (06/05/91)

In article <22125@cbmvax.commodore.com>,
	thomas@cbmvax.commodore.com (Linda Thomas) writes:
&In article <3192@swrinde.nde.swri.edu> kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) writes:
&> How about SMTP? This is the other stumbling block which needs to be
&> filled to place the machine in this environment.
&
&I did some smtp software for the Amiga about a month ago.  It was interfaced
&through Matt Dillon's UUCP software so the Amiga could be used as an SMTP/UUCP
&gateway if desired.  If there's enough interest, I'll check to see if I
&can distribute it.

Well, I think there is interest - at least I am interested in :-)

&Linda Thomas, Commodore Amiga Test Engineering

Regards
--
 ___  Walter Mildenberger, Morgenstr. 55, W-7500 Karlsruhe 1,FRG, (0721)385090
<*,-> * Sub/UseNet: wasp@chumly.ka.sub.org -or-  Bitnet: UKF5@DKAUNI2.Bitnet *

mcr@Sandelman.OCUnix.on.ca (Michael Richardson) (06/10/91)

In article <3147.ANN@chumly.ka.sub.org> wasp@chumly.ka.sub.org (Walter Mildenberger) writes:
>In article <22125@cbmvax.commodore.com>,
>	thomas@cbmvax.commodore.com (Linda Thomas) writes:
>&In article <3192@swrinde.nde.swri.edu> kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) writes:
>&> How about SMTP? This is the other stumbling block which needs to be
>&> filled to place the machine in this environment.

  I did a BSD sendmail implementation awhile ago. It doesn't do SMTP,
but it does feature a sendmail.cf for address manipulation and
figuring out where to deliver to. No deamon or queue yet. The dividing
up of the To: and CC: headers was not perfect, I never did get a
chance to check out the Berkeley routines to do that.
  (This wasn't a port)
  The code was written as recusive functions, and had a tendancy to
blow its stack -- it needs to be rewritten to keep its own malloc()'ed
state stack. It was quite fast, btw.

--
   :!mcr!:            |  The postmaster never | So much mail,
   Michael Richardson |    resolves twice.    |  so little time.