[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] JR-Comm 1.02 bug

twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Tabor Wells) (06/08/91)

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this bug in JR-Comm & if Jack knows about
it so that he can fix it...

Due to lack of money, I have no HD. I consequently run everything off of
write-protected floppies. When I run JR-Comm off of a write-protected floppy
it loads & then brings up a requester saying 'Please Un-Write Protect Disk'
I cancel with Amiga-B & It brings up a second. I cancel it with Amiga-B &
a JR-Comm requestor pops up saying 'Cannot load defaults.' Now Thats bad enough
IMHO (I don't like unwrite protecting disks for no real reason due to virii,
etc..). But if I click OK or cancel it will go ahead & load the defaults anyway.
If I type O or C (I like using the Keyboard commands often cuz its quicker)
I get a Software Error - Task Held. EIther way its a bug. One more serious than
the other by far...

So a note to Jack: Your program is great. The best I've
seen for any computer. But this bug needs fixing...

	Tabor Wells
	twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu

 				     +------------------------------------+
+------------------------------------| "Life. You're born. You live. You  |
|	Tabor Wells		     |   go on some diets. You die.       |
|	twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu	     |	        -Bloom County		  |

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (06/10/91)

twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Tabor Wells) writes:

>etc..). But if I click OK or cancel it will go ahead & load the defaults anyw
>If I type O or C (I like using the Keyboard commands often cuz its quicker)
>I get a Software Error - Task Held. EIther way its a bug. One more serious th
>the other by far...

>So a note to Jack: Your program is great. The best I've
>seen for any computer. But this bug needs fixing...

  It's not a bug, the evaluation version updates the .def file each time
it is run.  Now, the guru when you click OK or CANCEL is a problem that I'll
look into.

  -jack-