[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] VLT missing library "xprkermit.library"

huck@csuvax1.csu.murdoch.EDU.AU (Neil Huck) (06/11/91)

Could any help me?  I am trying to use the VLT terminal emulator
version  5.045  which I got from Fred Fish disk 468 using "ftp"
from "ux1.cso.uiuc.edu".

The problem is when trying to Kermit files I get the message:-

         Kermit - can't find libs:xprkermit.library

This library seems top be missing from the Fish Disk, I also down loaded
VLT version 5.038 and had same problem! As a result I have had to drop
back to the much older version 4.428, as I need to kermit files.

--
Neil Huck,                         huck@murdoch.edu.au
Computer Services Unit,            Phone  (09) 332 2767

kms@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) (06/12/91)

In article <1991Jun11.035826.14676@csuvax1.csu.murdoch.edu.au>, huck@csuvax1.csu.murdoch.EDU.AU (Neil Huck) writes:
> Could any help me?  I am trying to use the VLT terminal emulator
> version  5.045  which I got from Fred Fish disk 468 using "ftp"
> from "ux1.cso.uiuc.edu".
>
> The problem is when trying to Kermit files I get the message:-
>
>          Kermit - can't find libs:xprkermit.library
>
> --
> Neil Huck,                         huck@murdoch.edu.au
> Computer Services Unit,            Phone  (09) 332 2767
> Murdoch Uni., Murdoch, W.A.,       Fax:   (09) 310 2653
> Australia, 6158

A version of the xprkermit.library can be obtained by ftp at
abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov. It is /amiga/utils/comm/xprkermit15.lzh.

(Horror thought:  If my '/' key failed, would it be like
CP/M 2.2 :-)

--
Ken Steele   Dept. of Psychology    kms@ecsvax.bitnet
             Mars Hill College      kms@ecsvax.uncecs.edu

walt@bcarh133.uucp (Walt Sullivan) (06/14/91)

XprKermit version 1.5 (the xprkermit.library you need for VLT) is on Fish Disk
330, available at better ftp sites everywhere (try ux1.cso.uiuc.edu).

--
Walt Sullivan
BITNET: walt@bnr.ca (work)