[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] xprPunter.library ... is it available?

Anthon_Pang@mindlink.bc.ca (Anthon Pang) (06/14/91)

Our club bbs needs a Punter protocol (XPR) so that it can better support C64 &
C128 users, as the bbs has been running for some time on an Amiga, most
recently with Dialog (which doesn't have a Punter protocol there).

If you have any info on an xprPunter library, or can direct me to source, we
would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (06/17/91)

Anthon_Pang@mindlink.bc.ca (Anthon Pang) writes:

>If you have any info on an xprPunter library, or can direct me to source, we
>would greatly appreciate it.

Barring this, does there exist a "programmers guide to xpr" anywhere?  Also,
how about sample code?  (E.g. the code to xprkermit.)

Thanks,

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu

WGLP09@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (06/18/91)

Yes, there exists a programmers guide to XPRs. It is most likely called
xprdoc2.lzh or something of that ilk. It is on BIX, but I don't know where
else it might be available. I think it is also on a Fish disk.
Moreover, traditionally all the XPR libraries come with source code.
...I just checked: xpr 2.0 docs are on Fish disk 247.

       Willy.
Willy Langeveld - Bitnet: WGLP09 @ SLACVM - BIX: langeveld