[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] I need a copy of DNET

king@orchid3.rtsg.mot.com (Steven King) (06/17/91)

After reading the messages in .datacomm I've decided that I need DNET more
than I need the very air I'm breathing.  (Well, almost as much anyway... :-)
The problem: I don't have FTP access from here, and BITFTP has closed its
electronic doors to non-BITNET sites.  I don't know of any other mail servers
that will do FTP transfers for me.

So, are there any kind souls out there who'll uuencode and email the latest
DNET distribution this way?  I'd be eternally grateful and remember you in my
will when I get rich and famous!

--
---------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
We were once so close to Heaven / Peter came out   |        Steven King

ewilts@janus.mtroyal.ab.ca (Ed Wilts) (06/20/91)

In article <1991Jun17.144357.16038@rtsg.mot.com>, king@orchid3.rtsg.mot.com (Steven King) writes:
> After reading the messages in .datacomm I've decided that I need DNET more
> than I need the very air I'm breathing.  (Well, almost as much anyway... :-)
> The problem: I don't have FTP access from here, and BITFTP has closed its
> electronic doors to non-BITNET sites.  I don't know of any other mail servers
> that will do FTP transfers for me.

DNET.ZOO can be found on MRCserv@Janus.MtRoyal.AB.CA in the directory
[COMMUNICATIONS.NETWORKING].  MRCserv is a mail server - it is not available
via FTP but accepts all commands via mail.  All you need is a valid return mail
path that it can use.  Send a mail message with the command HELP in the body.

--
        .../Ed     Preferrred:  Ed.Wilts@BSC.Galaxy.BCSystems.Gov.BC.CA
Ed Wilts            Alternate:  EdWilts@BCSC02.BITNET    (604) 389-3430

king@orchid3.rtsg.mot.com (Steven King) (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun17.144357.16038@rtsg.mot.com> king@orchid3.rtsg.mot.com (Steven King) writes:
>So, are there any kind souls out there who'll uuencode and email the latest
>DNET distribution this way?

Thanks to all who replied.  I found the regular posting about the mail
servers yesterday, and someone told me about a local BBS that has the Xetec
Fred Fish CD ROM online.  I dialed the BBS, snarfed the file, and I'm on my
way to installing it now.  (Doc files are printing even as I type!) Wish me
luck, eh!

--
Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than    |        Steven King