[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] JR-Comm V1.02 Fast.??? No Way, Big Bug.....

hjanssen@cbnewse.att.com (hank janssen) (06/20/91)

For all those JR-COMM V1.02 users out there, I have a big problem with
JR-COMM V1.02, If i download a files i get aroubd 1600-1800 cps.  When
i  upload  a  files i get around 100 cps.!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes i have tried
all different settings possible both modem and JR-COMM. I even tried a
faster serial device driver.  (Setting of JR-COMM ncluded also turning
on and off the overdrive mode. Even booting the system for it.)

When  i  use  JR-COMM V.99, i get an download speed of again 1600-1800
cps and my upload speed is suddenly  1000-1200  cps.  So  i  seriously
suspect a bug in JR-COMM.

O yes by the way, My system setup is as follows. (For all  you  people
that want to say my system isn't fast enough.!!!!!)

AMiga B2000
210 Quantum HD.
UST Robotics Dual Standard.
50 Mhz GVP accelerator with 4 Mb 32 Bits Ram and 3 Mb of 16 Bits ram)

ANybody  have  an  idea that i could try.??? I really like JR-COMM but
upload speeds of 100 cps at a machine that is so fast  as  mine  under
JR-COMM 1.02 is somewhat stupid.

ANy help is apreciated.

Hank Janssen
att!ihlpb!hjanssen

keith@actrix.gen.nz (Keith Stewart) (06/20/91)

In article <1991Jun19.213424.15791@cbnewse.att.com> hjanssen@cbnewse.att.com (hank janssen) writes:

> For all those JR-COMM V1.02 users out there, I have a big problem with
> JR-COMM V1.02, If i download a files i get aroubd 1600-1800 cps.  When
> i  upload  a  files i get around 100 cps.!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes i have tried
> all different settings possible both modem and JR-COMM. I even tried a
> faster serial device driver.  (Setting of JR-COMM ncluded also turning
> on and off the overdrive mode. Even booting the system for it.)
Make sure you have the escape ctrl characters and 32 bit crc DESELECTED
I presume you are doing Zmodem transfers

> ANy help is apreciated.
>
> Hank Janssen
> att!ihlpb!hjanssen

jma@reef.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (06/20/91)

*Sigh**Sigh**Sigh**Sigh**Sigh**Sigh**Sigh**Sigh*

Yet again another person blames his por transfers on Jr-Comm
when it's his fault.  I know several people who use
Jr-Comm 1.02a with HSTs and HST-DSs and get 1600-2000 when
uploading.

Jack, maybe you should add an option that prints out all the
settings to a text file.

--
John  M.  Adams   --*****--   Professional Student      ///
Internet: jma@cis.ufl.edu             Genie:  vlad     ///  Only the Amiga

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (06/23/91)

hjanssen@cbnewse.att.com (hank janssen) writes:

>For all those JR-COMM V1.02 users out there, I have a big problem with
>JR-COMM V1.02, If i download a files i get aroubd 1600-1800 cps.  When
>i  upload  a  files i get around 100 cps.!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes i have tried
>all different settings possible both modem and JR-COMM. I even tried a
>faster serial device driver.  (Setting of JR-COMM ncluded also turning
>on and off the overdrive mode. Even booting the system for it.)

>When  i  use  JR-COMM V.99, i get an download speed of again 1600-1800
>cps and my upload speed is suddenly  1000-1200  cps.  So  i  seriously
>suspect a bug in JR-COMM.

  You're obviously suffering from pilot error, what it is exactly, I don't
know.  You don't mention if you're getting resynch errors or if the transfer
is proceeding normally, albeit very slowly.

  Beleive me, the program is functional, I've got two V.32bis HST DS here that
I use for testing between and A1000 and an A3000, I wouldn't let something as
major as this slip by, no how, no way.

  Start by deleting the jrcomm.def file and just set overdrive and CTS/RTS
on.  Do a manual dial and see what happens.

  -jack-

jma@reef.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:

>Yet again another person blames his por transfers on Jr-Comm
>when it's his fault.  I know several people who use
>Jr-Comm 1.02a with HSTs and HST-DSs and get 1600-2000 when
>uploading.

>Jack, maybe you should add an option that prints out all the
>settings to a text file.

  Already there and documented in the manual.

   <CTRL><LSHIFT><LALT><LAMIGA><HELP> sends a semi-readable output to
ram:jrc.diag.

  -jack-