[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] another JR-Comm 1.02 bug.....?

231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu (Phil Dietz) (06/18/91)

The protection bits on the file I download get all scewed up after the
last zmodem packet.  Up until the ZFIN is sent the protection bits are fine
(----rwed)  but when the file is done transfering they get toasted to
strings like (h-parwed, h--arwed, and other combos)

Is this a bug with jrcomm or is it my shell?

---- Quote #5
                                                         Phil Dietz
    "Phil is the man with a plan"          231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu
                     -- Confucious           University of Nebraska

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (06/23/91)

231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu (Phil Dietz) writes:

>The protection bits on the file I download get all scewed up after the
>last zmodem packet.  Up until the ZFIN is sent the protection bits are fine
>(----rwed)  but when the file is done transfering they get toasted to
>strings like (h-parwed, h--arwed, and other combos)
>
>Is this a bug with jrcomm or is it my shell?

  JR-Comm opens AmigaDOS filehandles and uses asynch DOS packets, but it
doesn't mess with the protection bits at all.

  -jack-

darrell@comspec.uucp (Darrell Grainger) (06/24/91)

In article <1489@faatcrl.UUCP> jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) writes:
>231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu (Phil Dietz) writes:
>
>>The protection bits on the file I download get all scewed up after the
>>last zmodem packet.  Up until the ZFIN is sent the protection bits are fine
>>(----rwed)  but when the file is done transfering they get toasted to
>>strings like (h-parwed, h--arwed, and other combos)
>>
>>Is this a bug with jrcomm or is it my shell?
>>

>  JR-Comm opens AmigaDOS filehandles and uses asynch DOS packets, but it
>doesn't mess with the protection bits at all.
>
>  -jack-

 By the fact that Phil Dietz knows the protection bits are okay until the
download is finished indicates that he is examining the file while it is
downloading. Maybe what he is using to examine the file (DiskMaster, DOS,
whatever) is causing the problem.

--
Darrell Grainger % Comspec Communications Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada
darrell@comspec  % Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are my own.