[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] JR-Comm 1.02 bugs

sjk@aura.nbn.com (Scott J. Kramer) (05/28/91)

Howdy,

I've got a few problems with JR-Comm 1.02 to report.

System configuration:

    A3000/25Mhz; KS/WB 2.02; 16MB FAST / 2MB CHIP RAM
    Telebit Trailblazer+ (@19200bps)

The lossages:

* When dialing from the PHONE DIRECTORY requestor, the serial speed
  changes from 19200 to 300 immediately upon connection.  Doesn't
  happen if I manually "ATDT..." dial.  Workaround:  change speed
  in the SERIAL PARAMETERS requestor after connecting.

* When configured as a VT-100 or VT-102 with N-color screen type
  (i.e. *not* Workbench), JR-Comm's screen will flash after making
  a connection.  Workaround: use the WB screen type (or VLT :-)).

* When switching screen types between WB and N-color, the Workbench
  screen colors change.  Workaround:  simply running Prefs/Palette
  resets the original WB colors.

That's it for now.  Otherwise, the program works quite well.

Thanx!
--

Scott J. Kramer			UUCP:	   {sun,ucbvax}!pixar!aura!sjk
P.O. Box 3392			Internet:  sjk@aura.nbn.com

lord_zar@ucrmath.ucr.edu (wayne wallace) (05/29/91)

sjk@aura.nbn.com (Scott J. Kramer) writes:

>Howdy,

>I've got a few problems with JR-Comm 1.02 to report.

>System configuration:

>    A3000/25Mhz; KS/WB 2.02; 16MB FAST / 2MB CHIP RAM
>    Telebit Trailblazer+ (@19200bps)

>The lossages:

>* When dialing from the PHONE DIRECTORY requestor, the serial speed
>  changes from 19200 to 300 immediately upon connection.  Doesn't
>  happen if I manually "ATDT..." dial.  Workaround:  change speed
>  in the SERIAL PARAMETERS requestor after connecting.

Here's a better one:
Go into phonebook. Choose Edit.
pick the entry(ies) giving you trouble.
Pop the serial window. Change it to 19.2K or whatever you use.
Do this for each affected entry.
Save the phonebook.
Wasn't that simple?

I had the same problem, only with term type, when I switched from vt100 to
vt102 and did not realize the defaults were seperate from the phone book
defaults PER entry.

>* When configured as a VT-100 or VT-102 with N-color screen type
>  (i.e. *not* Workbench), JR-Comm's screen will flash after making
>  a connection.  Workaround: use the WB screen type (or VLT :-)).

The flash is the 'visible beep'. Go to the general menu (right amiga-8) and
set the 'audible beep' Now nothing will occur if you have your monitor's sound
turned down.

>* When switching screen types between WB and N-color, the Workbench
>  screen colors change.  Workaround:  simply running Prefs/Palette
>  resets the original WB colors.

They change to represent the jr-comm colors. You could set jrcomm to 4-color
mode, set up the palette EXACTLY as workbench, save it for the defaults and
each phonebook entry, and there would never be a change.

>That's it for now.  Otherwise, the program works quite well.

Yup, it does.

>Thanx!
>--

>Scott J. Kramer			UUCP:	   {sun,ucbvax}!pixar!aura!sjk
>P.O. Box 3392			Internet:  sjk@aura.nbn.com
>San Rafael, CA  94912

Wayne

sjk@aura.nbn.com (Scott J. Kramer) (05/29/91)

   From: sjk@aura.nbn.com (Scott J. Kramer)
   Date: 27 May 91 19:04:16
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.datacomm

			. . .

   * When dialing from the PHONE DIRECTORY requestor, the serial speed
     changes from 19200 to 300 immediately upon connection.  Doesn't
     happen if I manually "ATDT..." dial.  Workaround:  change speed
     in the SERIAL PARAMETERS requestor after connecting.

False alarm; I fixed this by disabling "Dialer auto-baud" in the Modem
requester.
--

sjk@aura.nbn.com (Scott J. Kramer) (06/14/91)

   From: lord_zar@ucrmath.ucr.edu (wayne wallace)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.datacomm
   Date: 28 May 91 19:16:54 GMT

   sjk@aura.nbn.com (Scott J. Kramer) writes:

   >* When configured as a VT-100 or VT-102 with N-color screen type
   >  (i.e. *not* Workbench), JR-Comm's screen will flash after making
   >  a connection.  Workaround: use the WB screen type (or VLT :-)).

   The flash is the 'visible beep'. Go to the general menu (right amiga-8) and
   set the 'audible beep' Now nothing will occur if you have your monitor's sound
   turned down.

I should have written "... will *continually* flash ...".  I've just
sent email to Jack about this.
--

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (06/18/91)

sjk@aura.nbn.com (Scott J. Kramer) writes:

>I should have written "... will *continually* flash ...".  I've just
>sent email to Jack about this.

  Sounds like you didn't update the fonts, try unarcing them from the current
release and try it again, it should work.

  -jack-

Jody.Owens@kcufgat.fidonet.org (Jody Owens) (06/26/91)

It still does flash, someone told me to set it at optomized and smooth
scroll.

                       Jody

 * Origin: Amiga Central 816-587-5360 MOKCI (1:280/304)