[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Need help with blitter use

greendog@max.physics.sunysb.edu (Michael D Fischer) (01/09/91)

I am doing some programming in C that requires scrolling a line of
text along the bottom of the screen...  I *think* the best way to
do this is with the ClipBlit() command.  Unfortunately, whenever I
try to use it my amiga locks up.  Can someone help?  Or tell me where
I can get some sample source code that I can look at?  Many thanks!

Mike

-        Michael D. Fischer       |   greendog@max.physics.sunysb.edu   -
-      S.U.N.Y. at Stony Brook    |   mfische@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu     -

mfische@libws1.ic.sunysb.edu (Michael D Fischer) (01/09/91)

mykes@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Schwartz) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan9.154254.22174@sbcs.sunysb.edu> mfische@libws1.ic.sunysb.edu (Michael D Fischer) writes:
>I am doing some programming in C that requires scrolling a line of
>text along the bottom of the screen...  I *think* the best way to
>do this is with the ClipBlit() command.  Unfortunately, whenever I
>try to use it my amiga locks up.  Can someone help?  Or tell me where
>I can get some sample source code that I can look at?  Many thanks!
>
>Mike
>--
>-        Michael D. Fischer       |   greendog@max.physics.sunysb.edu   -
>-      S.U.N.Y. at Stony Brook    |   mfische@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu     -

If you use Text() to render into a GIMMEZEROZERO window, you won't need
anything as complex as ClipBlit().  The graphics routines automagically
clip to the window's rastport.