[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Custom BitMaps

a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (01/12/91)

> waw5805@isc.rit.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1991Jan13.081236.1169@isc.rit.edu>
>
> Org.  : Rochester Institute of Technology
> Person: W.A. Willis
> I would like to get some reccommendations (sp) on utilities to convert
> IFF brushes to C source code. I am currently using Iff2C and I think
> it's causeing problems for SAS/C 5.10 (I'm getting a CXERR:22 during the
> processing of the bitmap data). Any clues, suggestions, reccommendations
> (sp) ?

If all you want is image data to slap into a window, I'd recommend VGad, by
Steve Vermilion. You don't have to play around with cutting brushes out and
saving them, that step is done within VGad. You also have the option of
exporting Boolean gadgets and a couple of other things (that I don't remember
at this moment).
-Ron Tarrant
a976@Mindlink.UUCP

waw5805@isc.rit.edu (W.A. Willis ) (01/13/91)

a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (01/14/91)

> waw5805@isc.rit.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1991Jan13.230724.14048@isc.rit.edu>
>
> Org.  : Rochester Institute of Technology
> Person: W.A. Willis
> I'm trying to create a bitmap for custom requesters. Where can I find
> VGad?

It's on Fred Fish's collection of freely-redistributable software, disk #137.
-Ron

waw5805@isc.rit.edu (W.A. Willis ) (01/14/91)

In article <4429@mindlink.UUCP> a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) writes:
>> waw5805@isc.rit.edu writes:
>>
>> Msg-ID: <1991Jan13.081236.1169@isc.rit.edu>
>>
>> Org.  : Rochester Institute of Technology
>> Person: W.A. Willis
>> I would like to get some reccommendations (sp) on utilities to convert
>> IFF brushes to C source code. I am currently using Iff2C and I think
>> it's causeing problems for SAS/C 5.10 (I'm getting a CXERR:22 during the
>> processing of the bitmap data). Any clues, suggestions, reccommendations
>> (sp) ?
>

>If all you want is image data to slap into a window, I'd recommend VGad, by
>Steve Vermilion. You don't have to play around with cutting brushes out and
>saving them, that step is done within VGad. You also have the option of
>exporting Boolean gadgets and a couple of other things (that I don't remember
>at this moment).
>-Ron Tarrant
>a976@Mindlink.UUCP

I'm trying to create a bitmap for custom requesters. Where can I find
VGad?

choinski@primerd.prime.com (01/15/91)

I've used NGI, Power Windows, etc.  They produce IMAGE files fine.
Is there anything out there that will produce BITMAP structures (i.e. used
with requesters and such)?

|Burton Choinski                                       choinski@s35.Prime.com|
|  Prime Computer, Inc.                                  (508) 620-2800 x3233|
|  Framingham, Ma.  01701               PRIME Computer -- We're still the one|
|Disclaimer: Don't even think that these are PRIME's opinions...             |