[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Font loading question

macdon@beach.csulb.edu ("Chris MacDonald") (01/15/91)

Whenever I try to use AvailFonts() or OpenDiskFont() I get a guru error 4
which is 'illegal instruction'.  I'm using Lattice 5.0.  Has anyone
encountered this before?

thanks, Chris MacDonald

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (01/15/91)

In article <MACDON.91Jan14161303@beach.csulb.edu> macdon@beach.csulb.edu ("Chris MacDonald") writes:
>Whenever I try to use AvailFonts() or OpenDiskFont() I get a guru error 4
>which is 'illegal instruction'.  I'm using Lattice 5.0.  Has anyone
>encountered this before?

Did you open diskfont.library?
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky

macdon@beach.csulb.edu ("Chris MacDonald") (01/16/91)

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I opened the library, but I misspelled the
library base variable (DiskFontBase instead of DiskfontBase).  I am a little
surprised that Lattice didn't complain, actually. Oh well, live and learn!

Thanks again,

Chris