[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Reliability of AreaEllipse?

kevine@vast.eecs.unsw.oz (Kevin Elphinstone) (01/16/91)

I can't seem to get AreaEllipse to work reliably. It either leaves stray
dots in various places around the window, or draws mutant circles with
bits sticking out everywhere.

I have initialised both AreaInfo and TmpRas etc. but the problem
prevails.

Is this just a 'feature' of AreaEllipse or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

In article <1033@usage.csd.unsw.oz.au> kevine@vast.eecs.unsw.oz (Kevin Elphinstone) writes:
>I can't seem to get AreaEllipse to work reliably. It either leaves stray
>dots in various places around the window, or draws mutant circles with
>bits sticking out everywhere.
>
>I have initialised both AreaInfo and TmpRas etc. but the problem
>prevails.

	Try clearing the AreaInfo to all 0's before doing your AreaXxxx
commands.  I believe there was a bug in 1.2 with AreaEllipse not dealing well
with other stuff in the array.  Maybe bart or spence will comment (they know
gfx far better than I do).

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)

spence@cbmvax.commodore.com (Spencer Shanson) (01/17/91)

In article <1033@usage.csd.unsw.oz.au> kevine@vast.eecs.unsw.oz (Kevin Elphinstone) writes:
>I can't seem to get AreaEllipse to work reliably. It either leaves stray
>dots in various places around the window, or draws mutant circles with
>bits sticking out everywhere.
>
>I have initialised both AreaInfo and TmpRas etc. but the problem
>prevails.
>
>Is this just a 'feature' of AreaEllipse or am I doing something wrong?

We would need more info for this. What KickStart version are you using?
Could you either post some source code which shows the problem here, or
email it to me please.

Spencer Shanson - Amiga Software Engineer     | email: spence@commodore.COM
                                              | or uunet!cbmvax!spence
All opinions expressed are my own, and do not | "A picture is worth 1000
(necessarily) represent those of Commodore.   | words, or about 300,000