[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Lattice is having a software sale.

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (01/13/91)

I got a postcard in the mail today.  It says:

"Announcing the Lattice, Inc. Amiga Software Inventory Reduction Sale"
Take advantage of these great savings --- while supplies last:
  C++				$150
  Communications Library	$ 50
  Compiler Companion		$ 20
  dBC III Library		$ 25
  Panel				$ 25
  Unicalc			$ 15
  MacLibrary			$ 15
  Screen Editor			$ 15
  Text Management Utility	$ 15
  Make Utility			$ 15

For more information or to place an order call "Lattice Sales" at
1-800-444-4309 (708/916-1600 outside the continental United States).

--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

jeff@fang.clearpoint.com (Jeffrey J. Griglack) (01/18/91)

In article <1415@tardis.Tymnet.COM> jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:
>I got a postcard in the mail today.  It says:
>
>"Announcing the Lattice, Inc. Amiga Software Inventory Reduction Sale"
>Take advantage of these great savings --- while supplies last:
>  C++				$150
>
>For more information or to place an order call "Lattice Sales" at
>1-800-444-4309 (708/916-1600 outside the continental United States).

I called up Lattice Sales.  They said that SAS was working of a C++ 2.0 and
that there may or may not be an upgrade path from the Lattice to the SAS
version like there was for the C compiler.  I am not sure that I would like
to spend $150 for a product that is both obsolite and unsupported.

Jeff Griglack

--

Jeff Griglack             |  Yea, I feel terrible.  I should be forced to
jeff@fang.clearpoint.com  |  see "Cats" again.  --From "30 Something"

sie@fulcrum.bt.co.uk (Simon Raybould) (01/18/91)

In article <1605@crackers.clearpoint.com> jeff@fang.clearpoint.com (Jeffrey J. Griglack) writes:
   In article <1415@tardis.Tymnet.COM> jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:
   >I got a postcard in the mail today.  It says:
   >
   >"Announcing the Lattice, Inc. Amiga Software Inventory Reduction Sale"
   >Take advantage of these great savings --- while supplies last:
   >  C++				$150
   >
   >For more information or to place an order call "Lattice Sales" at
   >1-800-444-4309 (708/916-1600 outside the continental United States).

   I called up Lattice Sales.  They said that SAS was working of a C++ 2.0 and
   that there may or may not be an upgrade path from the Lattice to the SAS
   version like there was for the C compiler.  I am not sure that I would like
   to spend $150 for a product that is both obsolite and unsupported.

There will not be an upgrade path from Lattice c++ to SAS because Lattice is
a front end producing C code. SAS are working on a native C++ compiler which
produces assembly.

I would expect SAS to offer a trade in on Lattice C++ for people wishing to
upgrade to get a reduction ? maybe?

Anyway, I shall wait for the SAS version and am not tempted by the reduced
lattice product.

--
Simon J Raybould    (sie@fulcrum.bt.co.uk)            //              {o.o}
                                                    \X/AMIGA           \-/