[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] C++ 2.0 Amiga

tron1@tronsbox.xei.com (Kenneth Jamieson) (01/16/91)

	A while back I asked folks if anyone knew of a
	C++ 2.0 for th Amiga -- someone said that a company (besides
	SAS) was doing one....

	Anyone remember who it was ??

	Anyone have any info on the SAS one ???

--
========[ Xanadu Enterprises Inc. Amiga & Unix Software Development]=======
= "I know how you feel, you don't know if you want to hit me or kiss me - =

davidm@uunet.UU.NET (David S. Masterson) (01/17/91)

Kenneth> A while back I asked folks if anyone knew of a C++ 2.0 for the
Kenneth> Amiga -- someone said that a company (besides SAS) was doing one....

That would be Comeau Computing.  They are doing a port of AT&T'x C++ 2.1 to
the Amiga (available within a month) and will use either SAS C (definitely) or
Manx C (*perhaps* not initially, but eventually) as their backend compiler.
The price will probably be around $250 (not a quote), but you supply your own
C compiler.  Interestingly, they seem to think that they will be compatible
with either the SAS or Manx debugger so that you can debug a program directly
from C++.  Their address is:

Comeau Computing
91-34 120th St.
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
(718) 945-0009

David Masterson					Consilium, Inc.
(415) 691-6311					640 Clyde Ct.
uunet!cimshop!davidm				Mtn. View, CA  94043
"If someone thinks they know what I said, then I didn't say it!"

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (01/18/91)

Well Im in a C class this semester.  I have to use Turbo C V2.0 by borlands
do we have anything similer??  Borlands runs on the IBM (yuk!)  How would I be
able to program without going down to campus and sitting down on their computers programing c Any help ?????

please email set@phobos.cis.ksu.ksu.edu

renagade@galadriel.cm.deakin.oz.au (Mark Kuzmycz) (01/18/91)

Why doesn't someone port g++ (gnu c++) as it is freely distributable. If no one is willing I'm sure that I am willing to do so if people want me to.
						Mark.

bleys@tronsbox.xei.com (Bill Cavanaugh) (01/18/91)

In article <CIMSHOP!DAVIDM.91Jan16111617@uunet.UU.NET> cimshop!davidm@uunet.UU.NET (David S. Masterson) writes:

>Kenneth> A while back I asked folks if anyone knew of a C++ 2.0 for the
>Kenneth> Amiga -- someone said that a company (besides SAS) was doing one....
>
>That would be Comeau Computing.  They are doing a port of AT&T'x C++ 2.1 to
>the Amiga (available within a month) and will use either SAS C (definitely) or

[more info deleted]

>Comeau Computing
>91-34 120th St.
>Richmond Hill, NY 11418
>(718) 945-0009
>
>--
>David Masterson					Consilium, Inc.
>(415) 691-6311					640 Clyde Ct.
>uunet!cimshop!davidm				Mtn. View, CA  94043
>"If someone thinks they know what I said, then I didn't say it!"

I've been on the phone with these folks a few times in the last month,
and they seem to be having some problems with their available manpower.
They're working on the port, but they're also doing other projects
which sometimes take priority.

I was told before Christmas that it would be done by New Years, then a
couple weeks ago that it would be done any day.  They're VERY polite
and helpful on the phone, and I'm looking forward to doing business
with these people.

--
 *         Bill Cavanaugh       uunet!tronsbox!bleys            *

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) (01/19/91)

In article <1074@sol.deakin.OZ.AU> renagade@galadriel.cm.deakin.oz.au (Mark Kuzmycz) writes:
>Why doesn't someone port g++ (gnu c++) as it is freely distributable. If no one is willing I'm sure that I am willing to do so if people want me to.
>						Mark.

It's already being worked on, by the same people who ported gcc.

Dave Schaumann		|  And then -- what then?  Then, future...
dave@cs.arizona.edu	|  		-Weather Report