[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] AUTOKNOB Prop gadget.

bhgs@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (R. Holdom) (01/21/91)

Howdi;

    I am using an autoknob proportional gadget to scoll a text window in a
program I am writing.  The problem is that intuition doesn't seem to have
any mechanism for changing the colour of the gadget. As near as I can
tell, it takes the BlockPen and DetailPen from the window structure to
render the gadget.  If anyone knows of any way to overcome this I would
appreciate a note.
                                            Jon Spencer.

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (01/22/91)

In article <1991Jan20.210720.16364@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca> bhgs@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (R. Holdom) writes:
>Howdi;
>
> The problem is that intuition doesn't seem to have
>any mechanism for changing the colour of the gadget. As near as I can
>tell, it takes the BlockPen and DetailPen from the window structure to
>render the gadget.  If anyone knows of any way to overcome this I would
>appreciate a note.

There is no technique that allows you to override the pen choices Intuition
uses for proportional gadgets in 1.3.  Under 2.0, custom gadgets allow
some flexibility in this area.

>                                            Jon Spencer.

     Peter
--
     Peter Cherna, Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
     {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com