[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] ARexx compiler

a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (01/22/91)

> GHGAQA4@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be writes:
>
>   I am wondering how difficult it would be to make an ARexx compiler ?
> Is someone busy with one or does an ARexx compiler exist already?
>
>                          Jorrit Tyberghein

The idea of building an ARexx compiler has been mentioned to Bill Hawes by at
least two people that I know of (me and Larry Phillips). If he thought it was a
good idea (and I don't know what he thinks) he is probably already working on
it. He doesn't strick me as the type of guy who would announce a product before
it's bug-free and has a couple of thousand of them ready to ship, so we may not
hear 'boo' from him about it for a while.
-Ron Tarrant
a976@Mindlink.UUCP

GHGAQA4@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Tyberghein Jorrit) (01/23/91)

Hi,

  I am wondering how difficult it would be to make an ARexx compiler ?
Is someone busy with one or does an ARexx compiler exist already?

  I think it would be very nice if all those ARexx scripts executed
a bit faster. I think this can be done because such a REXX compiler
exists for our mainframe.

                         Jorrit Tyberghein