[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Needed Routines

pm0@springs.cis.ufl.edu (Patrick Martin) (01/13/91)

This may be a trivial question but so far for me it has not
been trivial.  I need the following routines for the Amiga.
(In C of course)

Up()      /* Moves the cursor up 1 position */
Down()    /*                  down          */
Right()   /*                  right         */
Left()    /*                  left          */

Clear()   /* Clears the screen and moves cursor to screen location 0,0 */
Home()    /* Moves the cursor to 0,0 without clearing the screen */

Cursor(x,y) /* Moves the cursor to location x,y */

If I get a routine Cursor(x,y) then that would also handle the Home()
function as well...

Is there simple way to do this say by sending ascii codes to a printf
statement or something?  I am a newcomer to the Amiga scene and have
not bothered with any of the Intuition stuff as of yet so if use of
Intuition can be avoided then that would be great.  If not then I
guess I'll have to put my nose in the Rom Kernel manual and grind
away.

-- The C64 days were so much simpler :)

Thanks,

Pat Martin

bombadil@diku.dk (Kristian Nielsen) (01/24/91)

pm0@springs.cis.ufl.edu (Patrick Martin) writes:

>This may be a trivial question but so far for me it has not
>been trivial.  I need the following routines for the Amiga.
>(In C of course)

>Up()      /* Moves the cursor up 1 position */
>Down()    /*                  down          */
>Right()   /*                  right         */
>Left()    /*                  left          */

>Clear()   /* Clears the screen and moves cursor to screen location 0,0 */
>Home()    /* Moves the cursor to 0,0 without clearing the screen */

>Cursor(x,y) /* Moves the cursor to location x,y */

>If I get a routine Cursor(x,y) then that would also handle the Home()
>function as well...

>Is there simple way to do this say by sending ascii codes to a printf
>statement or something?  I am a newcomer to the Amiga scene and have

If you have the AmigaDOS manual handy, try looking up the info on the CON:
handler - there you should find the nessesary ascii sequences. Otherwise,
these should be easy to find elsewhere too - I don't know if you will find
them in the RMK's, though.

>not bothered with any of the Intuition stuff as of yet so if use of
>Intuition can be avoided then that would be great.  If not then I
>guess I'll have to put my nose in the Rom Kernel manual and grind
>away.

>-- The C64 days were so much simpler :)

>Thanks,

>Pat Martin

Kristian Nielsen                          |      ///   Only the AMIGA
Student at DIKU, University of Copenhagen |     ///
(Department of Computer Science)          | \\\///     makes it possible!
Denmark                                   |  \XX/