[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Light Pens

akk@trantor.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Andy Klingler) (01/24/91)

In article <1879@kuling.UUCP>, Stephen Cooper writes:

[...]
> As a test program, I wanted to get it to work
> with the workbench screen, so I wrote 0xa208
> to bplcon0 and waited for vposr to repeat a value.
> This happens irregularrly and independant of where
> the pen is in relation to the screen.  What am
> I doing wrong?

It is not as simple as just writing to a register. bplcon0 gets written
every VBLANK by the Copper, so you must get the Copper to do the work
for you. This means the setting of some systemvariables and let the
system know about it. (Anyway you never should write directlty to a
register)

I wrote a Lightpen-Handler to use a lightpen just like the mouse some
time ago. If there is interest I will post it to the net.

---
Andreas Klingler
akk@trantor.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
         If you have enough patience, everything can be simulated
                               Marvin Minsky

asklingl@informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Andreas Klingler) (01/25/91)

akk@trantor.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Andy Klingler) writes: (that's me!)

>I wrote a Lightpen-Handler to use a lightpen just like the mouse some
>time ago. If there is interest I will post it to the net.

As I got several positive responses I will post the stuff in
alt.sources.amiga after the weekend. So hang on folks.

--
Andreas Klingler
asklingl@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de