[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] How to use the CIA timer ?

njluurin@cs.ruu.nl (Niek Luuring) (01/24/91)

In writing my music players I have until now relied upon the
vertical blanking interrupt. But now I would like to connect
my player function to a CIA-timer for more flexability. All
attempts to do this have failed so far.

I would like to have functions like this:

BOOL SetCIAtimer(fpointer);   /* fpointer is 'pointer to function'-type */
void SetCIAspeed(int);        /* set speed for timerfunction */
void FreeCIATimer(void);      /* remove TIMER function */

How can I do this in a "system legal", "upward compatible" way?
Any help (especially C source) would be appreciated.

Thanks,        Niek
Niek Luuring jr., student computer science, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
EMail:   njluurin@praxis.cs.ruu.nl

SteveX@omx.UUCP (Steve Tibbett) (01/27/91)

In article <4724@ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl> njluurin@cs.ruu.nl (Niek Luuring) writes:
>BOOL SetCIAtimer(fpointer);   /* fpointer is 'pointer to function'-type */
>void SetCIAspeed(int);        /* set speed for timerfunction */
>void FreeCIATimer(void);      /* remove TIMER function */

I've got routines like this - I'll try and clean them up for public
release.  It took me a while to figure out how to get it right (with
help from Carl Sassenrath's Guru's Guide), might as well save other
people the same hassle.

--
   ...Steve Tibbett...bix=s.tibbett...Plink=STEVEX...BBS=613-731-3419...
              ...VirusX=4.01...Insert Disclaimer Here...