[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] CPR question

fillg1@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Illgner) (01/25/91)

Hi folks,
What does the following CPR message mean ?

-- static function table overflow --

How can I avoid this ?
It is possible to increase the table ?

The manual does not say anything about it.
--
Michael Illgner 	fillg1@uni-paderborn.de          Tel.
Theodorstrasse 27       Warburgerstr. 100		 Buero  05251/60-2331

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (01/28/91)

In article <1991Jan25.123736.5759@uni-paderborn.de>, fillg1@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Illgner) writes:
> Hi folks,
> What does the following CPR message mean ?
>
> -- static function table overflow --
>
> How can I avoid this ?
> It is possible to increase the table ?
>
> The manual does not say anything about it.
> --
> Michael Illgner 	fillg1@uni-paderborn.de          Tel.
> Theodorstrasse 27       Warburgerstr. 100		 Buero  05251/60-2331
> 4790 Paderborn		Theoretische Physik		 Privat 05251/26488
> Germany                 Buero : N3.323

Rather depends.  I'd guess that you have LOTS of functions defined as
static, or a lot of static data (like quoted strings).  I had a similar
problem with another part of CPR when I had a program that had LOTS (and
I do mean LOTS!!) of functions -- the table used to hold entry points, etc.
overflowed.  I got a beta version of CPR (V1.10 I think) from Lattice (before
they disappeared) that fixed my problem.

Double check your code and see if you have too many static functions or
static data.  Don't forget them quoted strings!
--
|[- O] Rick Stevens                                                        |