[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] RAD: doesn't retain mem

widyono@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Aasmodeus) (01/29/91)

Hello.

I need to know if it is possible for the -r option of Setpatch not to work:
Whenever I use RAD:, and reboot warm, the memory is wiped clear... is there
something I have to do to regain what I lost, or is it supposed to just BE
there in ram?  AAARGH!

A2000, GVPHC40, SupraRam 2000 w/ 2MB, 1mb Agnus, 1floppy, what gives?
1.3 ROMS if it makes any difference (bought in April '90).

                                            Aas

Daniel Widyono 	         <. .>      ___     SEAS: BE (+ CSE hopeful)
3450 Chestnut St.  Box 86  .   _   //only   widyono @ eniac.seas.upenn.edu
Philadelphia, PA, 19104   \_/   \\// Amiga  (215) 573 - SAGA

rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) (01/29/91)

In article <36453@netnews.upenn.edu> widyono@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Aasmodeus) writes:
>Hello.
>
>I need to know if it is possible for the -r option of Setpatch not to work:
>Whenever I use RAD:, and reboot warm, the memory is wiped clear... is there
>something I have to do to regain what I lost, or is it supposed to just BE
>there in ram?  AAARGH!
>
>A2000, GVPHC40, SupraRam 2000 w/ 2MB, 1mb Agnus, 1floppy, what gives?
>1.3 ROMS if it makes any difference (bought in April '90).

  Its probably caused by the fact that the command is "setpatch r"
not "setpatch -r".