[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Common Lisp/Scheme for Amiga

molr@csis.dit.csiro.au (Rory Molinari) (01/24/91)

Hi,
	Does anyone know if there are fully-functional versions of Common
Lisp and Common Scheme for the Amiga?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

	Rory Molinari

	molr@csis.dit.csiro.au

smr@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Samual Rushing) (02/03/91)

In article <1991Jan24.051928.21612@csis.dit.csiro.au> molr@csis.dit.csiro.au (Rory Molinari) writes:
>Hi,
>	Does anyone know if there are fully-functional versions of Common
>Lisp and Common Scheme for the Amiga?  Any help would be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>	Rory Molinari
>
>	molr@csis.dit.csiro.au

As far as I know, there is still no Common Lisp available that will run
under AmigaDOS.  If you happen to have an Amiga 3000, I'm sure that KCL
(Kyoto Common Lisp) could be brought up under Unix.  I spent some time
looking at porting KCL to AmigaDOS, and it will not be an easy task,
even if possible.

I did, however manage to get MIT Scheme 7.0 running (in the unknown
machine configuration... meaning it's missing some nice features,
but is useable.)  When I get a machine (3000 hopefully) back, I hope
to clean up and finish the port, but using 7.1.  If you'd like a copy
of the working 7.0 (I lost the machine, but kept the 15 Megs of source)
I can send it to you.  I think that I may only have 68020/30 executables,
and I never tried to bring it up on a 68000.  Oh yeah, and this is just
the Interpreter and the Syntaxer, no compiler yet (it's all quite large
for an Amiga).

By the way, this system is by far the nicest Lisp/Scheme I've seen
available ... even for Unix...  It's the closest thing to a Lisp
Machine around.  (Flame me if I'm wrong!)

-Sam Rushing
--
(not (not (not (not (not ... )))))
rushing@eola.cs.ucf.edu   smr@beach.cis.ufl.edu	  rushing@titan.ksc.nasa.gov