[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Windowdepth on backdrops |

GHGAEEM@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (02/08/91)

Subject: Question: WindowDepth Gadgets on Backdrop Windows
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU

>    Is there a way to enable screen-to-front and screen-to-back buttons on
>a backdrop window?  I tried setting the WINDOWDEPTH flags on my backdrop
>window, but they didn't show up.

    Oops, I think you're a bit confused here |  A window never has any
screen-to-x gadgets on it |  The windowdepth gadgets are used to move windows
to the front/back |  But maybe that's want you want ?  Well, there one little
thing you're forgetting : backdrop windows are made to always stay ... IN THE
BACK |  So there's no good reason to display windowdepth gadgets on them,
since they wouldn't have any affect |
    However I do have another question about the same problem ... What happens
if you've got several backdrop windows on one screen ?  Can you rearrange them
using the intuition library calls or do you have to modify the window-list
yourself ?

                                       Dumb questions aren't always so dumb |