[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] PreCompiled SASC includes

rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) (02/07/91)

Due to the lack of support from Manx in the previous months, and other
internal Aztec problems, not wanting to get caught up in this again, I
recently purchased the SASC compiler (current rev 5.10a). I must say, the
manual beats the hell out of Aztec's (which is falling apart at the seams) an
d if very professionally done. Anyways, I have been trying to determine how to
pre-compiler the includes under SASC to no avail. manx uses cc -ho (or
something similar in the 5.0 series) how does SASC do it. I see the
LC -ph flag, but don't fully understand how to set the damn thing up to
precompile all the headers.

R Shaw
Ron Shaw.....                 The only good 8 bit computer is a
                              Dead 8 bit compter....
-----------------------------Mathematics is a state of mind,
Electronics is a state of being.

steve@wildcat.UUCP (Steve Holland) (02/08/91)

>In article <rshaw.0289@theborg.mlb.fl.us> rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) writes:
>Anyways, I have been trying to determine how to
>pre-compiler the includes under SASC to no avail. manx uses cc -ho (or
>something similar in the 5.0 series) how does SASC do it. I see the
>LC -ph flag, but don't fully understand how to set the damn thing up to
>precompile all the headers.

The way I do my precompiled headers is as follows:
	for each C program file, I make separate .c file which just has all
the required #includes. This is compiled with the -ph option.
Then the program (which may #include the headers file) is compiled with
the -Hfilename.

Internet: wildcat!steve@alfalfa.com  | "To err is human, but to really foul
USENET: ..bu!alphalpha!wildcat!steve |  things up requires a computer."
<if alfalfa doesn't work, try alphalpha>