[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Curses and C question.

michael9@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Michael Sullivan) (02/07/91)

  My first question has probably been asked before, but I'll ask again
anyway, and that is, is some form of Curses available for the Amiga?  I want
to write some 'pseduo-bbs' software, and I think Curses would be just
perfect.

  My second question is, how can I take a single character of input from
the keyboard without having to send a return (in C).  Under UNIX I'd just
do a system call on stty -cbreak, and that would take care of it.  Is
there an equivilant effect for the Amiga?

  Any advice/answers will be greatly appreciated!

--
uunet!garfield!pooky!michael9                         michael9@pooky.cs.mun.ca
+=============================================================================+

pm0@springs.cis.ufl.edu (Patrick Martin) (02/08/91)

In article <1991Feb7.145429.6180@garfield.cs.mun.ca> michael9@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Michael Sullivan) writes:

>  My first question has probably been asked before, but I'll ask again
>anyway, and that is, is some form of Curses available for the Amiga?  I want
Yes, it can be found on the latest Fish disk somehwere between 430 and 440.

>the keyboard without having to send a return (in C).  Under UNIX I'd just
>do a system call on stty -cbreak, and that would take care of it.  Is
>there an equivilant effect for the Amiga?

Amiga Curses will handle this for you.  Just set the mode to either raw()
or cbreak().  There is also a package to enable raw mode out there on one
of the fish disks which has a subroutine to set raw mode as well as some oter
(other) stuff.

--Pat