[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Latest version of Benchmark Modula-2?

Anthon_Pang@mindlink.UUCP (Anthon Pang) (02/12/91)

> lhotka@incstar.uucp writes:
> In article <1991Feb10.190755.28480@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, jeffo@mrcnext.uiuc.edu
> (Jeffrey B Nicholson) writes:
> > What is the latest version of Benchmark Modula-2?  I bought v1.0 at AmiExpo
> > a long time ago (just the name 'AmiExpo' tells you it's kinda old).
> >
> > Also, is it possible to get replacement manuals for the compiler and/or the
> > additional library disks?
> >
> > Jeff
> > --
>
> You have the most recent version believe it or not.  They have not released
> an update for the software ever apparently.  There are some new parts for the
> system on ab20.larc.nasa.gov however, including the 2.0 includes I believe.
>
> I would imagine that you could buy replacement manuals from the company.  I
> have contacted them before with questions regarding various things and have
> had very quick and effective response - highly commendable!

Actually, the latest version if 1.04 (which I received with the source level
debugger).

The 2.0 includes are promised from Avant Garde, when the OS is finalized.  A
freely-redistributable release of the 2.0 includes on ab20, is likewise
unlikely...in addition to the distribution problems because the Commodore
includes are copyright, and would have to be licenced for redistribution.

lhotka@incstar.uucp (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb10.190755.28480@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, jeffo@mrcnext.uiuc.edu (Jeffrey B Nicholson) writes:
> What is the latest version of Benchmark Modula-2?  I bought v1.0 at AmiExpo
> a long time ago (just the name 'AmiExpo' tells you it's kinda old).
>
> Also, is it possible to get replacement manuals for the compiler and/or the
> additional library disks?
>
> Jeff
> --

You have the most recent version believe it or not.  They have not released
an update for the software ever apparently.  There are some new parts for the
system on ab20.larc.nasa.gov however, including the 2.0 includes I believe.

I would imagine that you could buy replacement manuals from the company.  I
have contacted them before with questions regarding various things and have
had very quick and effective response - highly commendable!
/ Rockford Lhotka				INCSTAR Corp	       \
| Applications Project Leader			1990 Industrial Blvd   |
| incstar!lhotka@uunet.uu.net         		PO Box 285             |
\ 612/779-1701					Stillwater, MN 55082   /
 -------------Amiga - The computer for the creative mind.--------------