[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Bugs in 2.0 OS - Where do I sent them to?

keithw@we.UUCP (Keith Wilke) (02/11/91)

   What is the email address to post bug reports to for the 2.0 OS?
I have three bugs that I would like to see stamped out before 2.0 goes to
ROM:
	(1) If you have too much overscan, the floppy dirve will not
	    read floppies properly.
	(2) ScrollVPort scrolls the menu bar as well as the bitmap.
	(3) The cursor does not show up at certain places on the screen if
	    you have set the "Screen Text" in preferences set to something
	    other than topaz 8 or 9.  This only shows up if you have a
	    "Default Text" font of something other than topaz.

    So, please send me the email address for 2.0 bugs.  I also need to
know exactly how much informations they need to process the bug
report. If you have already seen these bugs, please let me know (by
email).

--

Keith Wilke - keithw%we@nosc.mil or ...!ucsd!nosc!we!keithw
7687-F Rancho Fanita

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (02/12/91)

In article <0774.AA0774@we> keithw@we.UUCP (Keith Wilke) writes:

>   What is the email address to post bug reports to for the 2.0 OS?

E-mail bug reports to:

	bugs@cbmvax.commodore.com

>	(2) ScrollVPort scrolls the menu bar as well as the bitmap.

What happens under 1.3?  The menu bar is part of the same ViewPort,
so I'm not surprised that they scroll together!

>I also need to
>know exactly how much informations they need to process the bug
>report.

We need to know exactly how to reproduce the bug and also what
the effect is.

So be sure to include:

- The model of Amiga you are running.
- Your Kickstart and Workbench version numbers.
- How much RAM you have.
- What peripherals are connected.
- What version of Agnus and Denise you have (ECS or regular), NTSC or PAL.
- Any software that's running at the time of the test (try to reduce
  this to what is running when you boot off a standard Workbench disk).
- Precisely what steps you need to take to create the bug.
- Exactly what the result is, compared to what you expected.
  Avoid saying "and admire the results", or "the problem is obvious",
  or "and see what happens".  Remember, we may NOT see what you see.
- What happened under 1.3. (i.e. is this a new bug)
- If the problem happens with software you wrote, enclose a small
  example source code program that can be readily compiled which
  shows the problem.

>Keith Wilke - keithw%we@nosc.mil or ...!ucsd!nosc!we!keithw

     Peter
--
     Peter Cherna, Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
     {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com

In article <0774.AA0774@we> keithw@we.UUCP (Keith Wilke) writes:
>   What is the email address to post bug reports to for the 2.0 OS?

	bugs@cbmvax.commodore.com

>I have three bugs that I would like to see stamped out before 2.0 goes to
>ROM:
>	(1) If you have too much overscan, the floppy dirve will not
>	    read floppies properly.
>	(2) ScrollVPort scrolls the menu bar as well as the bitmap.
>	(3) The cursor does not show up at certain places on the screen if
>	    you have set the "Screen Text" in preferences set to something
>	    other than topaz 8 or 9.  This only shows up if you have a
>	    "Default Text" font of something other than topaz.

>    So, please send me the email address for 2.0 bugs.  I also need to
>know exactly how much informations they need to process the bug
>report. If you have already seen these bugs, please let me know (by
>email).

	If you're a developer, you should have an address (and a program)
for bug reports.  If you're a A3000 user, you should be running 2.02
(KS 36.207).  If you're not either, #include <std.beta.pirating.flame>.

	Important information is configuration (machine, periphs, mem, etc),
versions (from the version command), any 3rd-party software being run
(as little as possible so we can easily repeat problems), exact sequence to
repeat the problem if possible, name, address, phone, etc.

	BTW, it's REAL REAL late to be submitting reports if they're to be
fixed for ROM.  Don't delay.

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)

n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Raoul Rodriguez) (02/13/91)

[stuff about reporting bugs in 2.0 and no-no's concering them]

>BTW, it's REAL REAL late to be submitting reports if they're to be
>fixed for ROM.  Don't delay.

Here comes the Rom's here comes the Rom's... !!!!!!!!

Yippey!  (IMHO)

>--
>Randell Jesup, Keeper of AmigaDos, Commodore Engineering.
>{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
>The compiler runs
>Like a swift-flowing river
>I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)

Raoul Rodriguez
"Several errant electrons jumped when they shouldn't have at a place they
shouldn't have, resulting in what shouldn't have.  In short, a short."
-Bloom County