[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] SKSH questions.

honp9@menudo.uh.edu (Jason L. Tibbitts III) (02/06/91)

[Munch all you want, I'll type more!]

I've just installed SKSH, and I find it wonderful.  I know that Steve has
insufficient time to continue development and that Kim DeVaughn is taking
over the project.  How is the development effort going?  Is an update in
the works?  And the big question:  Who gets my donation to the cause?

In a similar vein, I had grown accustomed to the CNN: handler availiable
through ConMan13E, which gives non-blocking type-ahead.  Is there a way
to get this with SKSH without entailing all of the problems of ConMan's
line editing functions?

Thanks,
--
Jason L. Tibbitts III  | Moderator: comp.sys.amiga.reviews
"Blob Shop Programmers:| Send submissions to HONP9@menudo.uh.edu

koren@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Steve Koren) (02/08/91)

honp9@menudo.uh.edu (Jason L. Tibbitts III) writes:

> I've just installed SKSH, and I find it wonderful.  I know that Steve has
> insufficient time to continue development and that Kim DeVaughn is taking
> over the project.  How is the development effort going?  Is an update in
> the works?  And the big question:  Who gets my donation to the cause?

Yes, Kim is taking over development.  Methinks kim must be on an extended
vacation or something, as he seems to have disappeared some time ago.
As far as I understand it, one of his first priorities is to get SKsh
running under 2.0.

As for donations, it is really not necessary.  SKsh is free software, so
you needn't feel obligated to pay for it.

> through ConMan13E, which gives non-blocking type-ahead.  Is there a way
> to get this with SKSH without entailing all of the problems of ConMan's
> line editing functions?

Not currently.  You might send this suggestion to Kim though.  It would
be a nice feature.

    - steve

griffin@frith.uucp (Danny Griffin) (02/09/91)

koren@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Steve Koren) writes:

>honp9@menudo.uh.edu (Jason L. Tibbitts III) writes:

>> I've just installed SKSH, and I find it wonderful.  I know that Steve has

I've also recently installed SKsh, and I am having two problems:
    1. It is extreemly s-l-o-w coming up after the window opens.  I
       suppose this is normal.
    2. I can't get ARexx to work with it, i.e. the example myport.rexx
       script, although the -p option is working.

>> through ConMan13E, which gives non-blocking type-ahead.  Is there a way
>> to get this with SKSH without entailing all of the problems of ConMan's
>> line editing functions?

Are you talking about moving your cursor miles to the right of the last
command line letter?  I hate it when that happens...

--
Dan Griffin
griffin@frith.egr.msu.edu

dick@woodwrk.LoneStar.ORG (Richard H. Wood) (02/11/91)

In article <37100001@hpfcdc.HP.COM>, Steve Koren writes:

> honp9@menudo.uh.edu (Jason L. Tibbitts III) writes:
>
> > I've just installed SKSH, and I find it wonderful.  I know that Steve has
> > insufficient time to continue development and that Kim DeVaughn is taking
> > over the project.  How is the development effort going?  Is an update in
> > the works?  And the big question:  Who gets my donation to the cause?
>
> Yes, Kim is taking over development.  Methinks kim must be on an extended
> vacation or something, as he seems to have disappeared some time ago.
> As far as I understand it, one of his first priorities is to get SKsh
> running under 2.0.

But, Steve.  I've been running sksh under 2.0 for quite some time, now.
Wouldn't want to have to use anything else!  (Been using version 1.6 alpha
for a while now, with no problems.)

-dick

koren@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Steve Koren) (02/13/91)

> > Yes, Kim is taking over development.  Methinks kim must be on an extended

> > As far as I understand it, one of his first priorities is to get SKsh
> > running under 2.0.
> >

> But, Steve.  I've been running sksh under 2.0 for quite some time, now.
> Wouldn't want to have to use anything else!  (Been using version 1.6 alpha
> for a while now, with no problems.)

I think it has something to do with the configuration of the system.
Some 2.0 systems run it OK, some crash.  Dunno why :-(

   - steve