[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] CBM de-interlacer

rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) (02/13/91)

Sctt Hood CBM did state there was a problem using the CBl de-interlacer in the
2000 (A2320 board) is anyone familiar with this problem & what it is?
all I saw was 777/888

Ron Shaw.....                 The only good 8 bit computer is a
                              Dead 8 bit compter....
-----------------------------Mathematics is a state of mind,
Electronics is a state of being.

hood@cbmvax.commodore.com (Scott Hood) (02/14/91)

In article <rshaw.0577@theborg.mlb.fl.us> rshaw@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Ron) writes:
>Sctt Hood CBM did state there was a problem using the CBl de-interlacer in the
>2000 (A2320 board) is anyone familiar with this problem & what it is?
>all I saw was 777/888
>
>Ron Shaw.....                 The only good 8 bit computer is a
>                              Dead 8 bit compter....
>-----------------------------Mathematics is a state of mind,
>Electronics is a state of being.

Yes, there is a problem that we are now informing our factory of.  The
problem is that the 180 ohm series resistor between the AMBER gate array
and the video hybrid DAC was too large.  This is because the DAC is a
weighted resister type of DAC with internal resistors of 1K, 2K, 4K, and
8K for the four bits of RGB each.  The 180 resistor was causing a
voltage divider action that affected the lower impedance DAC resister
more than the other due to the ratios involved.  The 180 ohm series
resistors are there for FCC issues.  By reducing the 180 ohms down to 33
ohms the problem is fixed and the A2320 still passes FCC class B.  The
service people will be informed ASAP.  The fix can even be as simple as
soldering the 33 ohm resistor packs on the back of the A2320 pcb to the
existing 180 ohm reistor pack (RP301, RP302, RP303 on the pcb
silkscreen) which results in the 33 ohm being in parallel with the 180
ohm resistor pack and is A-OK.  This is about a five miniute job.

I hope this solves your problem Ron!

Regards,
Scott Hood
"I'am pedaling as fast as I can!"

Scott Hood, Hardware Design Engineer (A3000 Crew),  Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!hood   hood@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
  "The views expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer!"