[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Question: WindowDepth Gadgets on Backdrop Windows

hollasch@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Steve Hollasch) (02/07/91)

    Is there a way to enable screen-to-front and screen-to-back buttons on
a backdrop window?  I tried setting the WINDOWDEPTH flags on my backdrop
window, but they didn't show up.

Steve Hollasch                /      Arizona State University (Tempe, Arizona)
hollasch@enuxha.eas.asu.edu  /  uunet!mimsy!oddjob!noao!asuvax!enuxha!hollasch

IMS103@psuvm.psu.edu (Ian Matthew Smith) (02/08/91)

>    Is there a way to enable screen-to-front and screen-to-back buttons on
>a backdrop window?  I tried setting the WINDOWDEPTH flags on my backdrop
>window, but they didn't show up.

Why?  The purpose of a backdrop window is so you can have somthing
in teh background.  Backdrop windows can't be depth-aranged.
BTW, is there anyway to get intuition to send MOUSEUP-MOUSEDOWN
events when a user clicks on the back/front gadgets instead of
depth-aranging?  Or do you have to roll your own?

 - Ian Smith (ims103@psuvm.bitnet)

steve@wildcat.UUCP (Steve Holland) (02/08/91)

>In article <9102070053.AA16760@enuxha.eas.asu.edu> hollasch@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Steve Hollasch) writes:
>
>    Is there a way to enable screen-to-front and screen-to-back buttons on
>a backdrop window?  I tried setting the WINDOWDEPTH flags on my backdrop
>window, but they didn't show up.

	Assuming what you really want is to be able to have SCREEN front/back
gadges with a full-screen backdrop window and ShowTitle(FALSE), you have
to define the two gadgets yourself :( and hook them into your IntuiMessage
handling so that they cause ScreenToFront() and ScreenToBack() function
calls.

----------->Steve Holland<-----------
Internet: wildcat!steve@alfalfa.com  | "To err is human, but to really foul
USENET: ..bu!alphalpha!wildcat!steve |  things up requires a computer."
<if alfalfa doesn't work, try alphalpha>

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (02/14/91)

In article <9102070053.AA16760@enuxha.eas.asu.edu> hollasch@enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Steve Hollasch) writes:
>    Is there a way to enable screen-to-front and screen-to-back buttons on
>a backdrop window?  I tried setting the WINDOWDEPTH flags on my backdrop
>window, but they didn't show up.

Sorry for the slow response...

The close gadget is the only system gadget that can be attached
to a backdrop window.  You cannot depth arrange backdrop windows,
even with other backdrop windows.
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky