[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] WB 2.0 prefs files

mike@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Smithwick) (02/15/91)

[]
Where is the info for mouse speeds kept in the 2.0 prefs files. I created
a boot disk, moved all of my prefs files (from ENV-Archives/sys) from
my harddrive over. My normal prefs (fonts selected, colors, background
pattern) come up ok, but my mouse speed is at its slowest. I assumed that
this would be covered in input.prefs as the "input" tool sets this guy,
but no matter what I do, the mouse moves at its slowest when I boot from
the disk. I even moved the input tool over to the disk and tried setting
it there. When I open that up from the boot disk, the mouse acceleration
kicks in. But hitting "save" will not save it across boots.

mike

--
"outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend, inside a dog, it's
 too hard to read"-Groucho

Mike Smithwick - ames!zorch!mike

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (02/16/91)

In article <1991Feb14.191747.17981@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> mike@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Smithwick) writes:

>[]
>Where is the info for mouse speeds kept in the 2.0 prefs files. I created
>a boot disk, moved all of my prefs files (from ENV-Archives/sys) from
>my harddrive over.

Mouse speed is contained in input.prefs, which is written to
ENVARC:sys/input.prefs.  The normal startup-sequence copies such
files to ENV:sys/input.prefs, where IPrefs finds it.

Make sure that ENVARC: is assigned to somewhere permanent (i.e. not RAM).
Make sure that ENVARC: isn't reassigned after startup (else the Prefs
file will be copied to the new location, but refreshed upon boot from
the old).  Make sure you don't have any write-protected input.prefs
file in ENVARC:.

>mike

     Peter
--
     Peter Cherna, Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
     {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com