[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] 2.0 Window Show parameter

brett@visix.com (Brett Bourbin) (02/12/91)

After looking through all the docs that I have from my A3000, I wondered
if there as a way, (ie. preference) to set the 2.0 Workbench to show all
files as icons in Workbench mode?  I can select a disk and use the pull-
downs (really pop-ups on my machine) and set this, but I must do this every
time I boot the machine.

I thought that this should be in one of the pref windows, but I could not
find it.

--
                                __
  Brett Bourbin          \  / /(_  /\/   11440 Commerce Park Drive

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (02/12/91)

In article <1991Feb11.173000.8671@visix.com> brett@visix.com (Brett Bourbin) writes:
>After looking through all the docs that I have from my A3000, I wondered
>if there as a way, (ie. preference) to set the 2.0 Workbench to show all
>files as icons in Workbench mode?  I can select a disk and use the pull-
>downs (really pop-ups on my machine) and set this, but I must do this every
>time I boot the machine.

ENV:sys/def_drawer.info contains the view and show modes for default
icons.  (This comes from ENVARC:sys/def_drawer.info at boot-time).
You can set anything you like for your default icon drawers by copying
the appropriate icon there, or my creating a drawer to match it,
then operating on the drawer using Workbench.

Someone could write a "Preferences" to edit it, if they wanted.

>  Brett Bourbin          \  / /(_  /\/   11440 Commerce Park Drive

     Peter
--
     Peter Cherna, Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
     {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.commodore.com

higgin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Paul Higginbottom - CATS) (02/13/91)

[I've cross posted to introduction where I think this belongs.
Follow-up there]

$
$  Brett Bourbin          \  / /(_  /\/   11440 Commerce Park Drive
$    ..!uunet!visix!brett  \/ / __)/ /\   Reston, Virginia 22091
$    brett@visix.com       Software Inc   (703) 758-2733

[I think his question is simpler than the way Peter answered it...]

When you set "Show All Files" from Workbench, you must snapshot the
window to make it stay that way after reboots.

	Regards,
	Paul.

dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca (Colin DeWolfe) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb11.173000.8671@visix.com> brett@visix.com (Brett Bourbin) writes:
>After looking through all the docs that I have from my A3000, I wondered
>if there as a way, (ie. preference) to set the 2.0 Workbench to show all
>files as icons in Workbench mode?  I can select a disk and use the pull-
>downs (really pop-ups on my machine) and set this, but I must do this every
>time I boot the machine.
>
>I thought that this should be in one of the pref windows, but I could not
>find it.

I also tried to figure out this one, and it all boils down to using snap
shot from the windows menu  (SNAPSHOT - WINDOW).  From now on, the
disk will remember to display all files.

dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca

dave@unislc.uucp (Dave Martin) (02/19/91)

From article <1991Feb11.173000.8671@visix.com>, by brett@visix.com (Brett Bourbin):
> files as icons in Workbench mode?  I can select a disk and use the pull-
> downs (really pop-ups on my machine) and set this, but I must do this every
> time I boot the machine.

Have you tried Snapshot All after setting it?
--
VAX Headroom	Speaking for myself only... blah blah blahblah blah...
Internet: DMARTIN@CC.WEBER.EDU                 dave@saltlcy-unisys.army.mil