[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] What is the most correct way to determine CIA frequencies?

bytey@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Chris Hames [bytey]) (02/07/91)

    I am allocating TimerB or TimerA(if B is unavailable) of CIAB and
would like to know the correct way to find out if the clock is
    .709379Mhz  PAL
or  .715909Mhz  NTSC

Thanks in advance,

--
Chris Hames - C/Assembler programmer | Fish: DirWork,FSDirs,VMK..|  /~\/ \
              3:633/353  (Fido)      | Commercial:  Soon...      | (  OZ  )

rsbx@cbmvax.commodore.com (Raymond S. Brand) (02/19/91)

In article <1991Feb7.024621.10770@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au>, bytey@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Chris Hames [bytey]) writes:

>     I am allocating TimerB or TimerA(if B is unavailable) of CIAB and
> would like to know the correct way to find out if the clock is
>     .709379Mhz  PAL
> or  .715909Mhz  NTSC

When running under 2.0 or later, use the timer.device ReadEClock() result.
When running under 1.3 and previous, determine the configuration (PAL/NTSC) of
the machine by looking in GfxBase->foo (I don't remember, look it up).

NOTE: Some Amigas (A3000s and the like) have a jumper to indicate to graphics
the PAL/NTSC state of the machine; this jumper does NOT affect the EClock
frequency, only what we ASSUME it is.

						rsbx

  Raymond S. Brand			rsbx@cbmvax.commodore.com
  Commodore-Amiga Engineering		...!uunet!cbmvax!rsbx
  1200 Wilson Drive			(215)-431-9100
  West Chester PA 19380			"Looking"