[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Missing Memory

efp90@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Pritchard EF) (02/19/91)

Jim.Taller@f210.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Jim Taller) writes:

>AREA:UUCP_TECH
>When using Xcopy III There is an Option to Kill SYSTEM.  When this
>button is pressed the WB is shut down.  I own a stock Amiga2000HD and
>the memory count after I have killed System is 1.5megs!  My friend who
>owns a 1meg 500 and when he used kill sys only 1 meg is avalible.  On my
>1 meg machine where does this 512K come from???
>                         Jim Taller <:->

I own an A500 with an ADC AdRAM board (with 1/2Mb = 1Mb total) and have
this strange memory problem with XCopyII when I Kill SYSTEM- it says I
have 2Mb Free!
As I only have one drive I have to copy disks through RAM, and therefore
the copier tries to do it all in one go, and GURU's on me. Must be
something fundamental to do with how Kill SYSTEM does it.

E.F.P.

(This calls for a 16 inch rotary debugger!)