[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] Programming cycle gadget types in 2.0

davids@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Dave Schreiber) (02/19/91)

[line eater fodder]

I'm trying to create a cycle gadget under 2.0, and have gotten stuck.
I think my problem is in the array of labels:  the include files (all
I have to work with;  I'm not a developer :-( ) just say to use the
tag GTCY_Labels, along with a "NULL-terminted array of labels".  I've
tried using an array of text strings, but it doesn't work: CreateGadgetA
returns a gadget, but when I AddGadget(), a blank gadget appears (I can
click where the gadget should be, and a box will invert, but there's
no text, etc.).  Any suggestions?  Is this "array of labels" an array of
something other than text?  I'll post my ~100 line test program if I
this posting doesn't contain enough information.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm using SAS C V5.10 on a 3000, BTW.

--
Dave Schreiber                                    davids@slugmail.ucsc.edu
                                or (but not both) davids@ucscf.ucsc.edu

Jay@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) (02/23/91)

In article <12557@darkstar.ucsc.edu> davids@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Dave Schreiber) writes:
>I think my problem is in the array of labels:  the include files (all
>I have to work with;  I'm not a developer :-( ) just say to use the

Get the autodocs and last year's devcon notes.  2.0 is VERY different.
There's so many features and different ways of doing things that you'll
go crazy trying to figure it out without them.

--

 |_o_o|\\
 |. o.| || The           Jay Denebeim
 | .  | ||  Software
 | o  | ||   Distillery
 |    |//        Address: UUCP:     mcnc.org!deepthot.uucp!jay
 ======                   Internet: jay@deepthot.cary.nc.us
                 BBS:(919)-460-7430      VOICE:(919)-460-6934

davids@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Dave Schreiber) (02/24/91)

In article <Jay.4701@deepthot.cary.nc.us> Jay@deepthot.cary.nc.us (Jay Denebeim) writes:
>In article <12557@darkstar.ucsc.edu> davids@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Dave Schreiber) writes:
>>I think my problem is in the array of labels:  the include files (all
>>I have to work with;  I'm not a developer :-( ) just say to use the
>
>Get the autodocs and last year's devcon notes.  2.0 is VERY different.
>There's so many features and different ways of doing things that you'll
>go crazy trying to figure it out without them.

Are the autodocs and devcon notes available to non-developers?  Last time
I called Commodore, they weren't, which leaves people like me (non-developer
programmers using 3000s with 2.0) relying on include files and (if one's
lucky) Usenet.  If they are available to non-developers, I'll be on the
phone Monday morning :-).

BTW, thanks to Peter Cherna and the other people who sent me tips and examples.
I've now figured out how to get cycle gadgets working (along with MX, Palette,
and List gadgets as well).

A question, while I'm here :  I've heard rumors that the 2.0 RKMs are
scheduled to be released in sometime this month.  If this is true, can
someone at Commodore confirm it?  Thanks.

ewout@topcat.commodore.com (Ewout Walraven) (02/25/91)

davids@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Dave Schreiber) writes:

>Are the autodocs and devcon notes available to non-developers?  Last time
>I called Commodore, they weren't, which leaves people like me (non-developer
>programmers using 3000s with 2.0) relying on include files and (if one's
>lucky) Usenet.  If they are available to non-developers, I'll be on the
>phone Monday morning :-).

No, they are not at this moment.

>A question, while I'm here :  I've heard rumors that the 2.0 RKMs are
>scheduled to be released in sometime this month.  If this is true, can
>someone at Commodore confirm it?  Thanks.

No, that is not true.