[comp.sys.amiga.programmer] favoritism

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (02/26/91)

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) writes:
> I would put it in the queue to go out, but ISpell v3.2ljr, submitted
> two-three weeks ago, still has not come through.  It does bother me
> a bit that DICE v2.06 was finished and submitted after ISpell
> v3.2ljr(I know from dates in the netdcc tree), but yet was posted to
> c.b.a before ISpell appeared :-(.  Note: I respect Matt Dillon
> greatly and I am quite glad Tad is providing space for amiga
> archives, but I don't like to see favoritism.

I really should just ignore your message, but I'm stupid...

DICE was not the only recently submitted package that was approved.
I'm trying to keep the queue from growing long(er) by posting newly
submitted software before it gets old.  The old stuff may suffer a
little from this, but I feel it's better than making new stuff wait...
This means I'm attacking the queue from *both* sides -- new stuff and
old stuff.  It's curious you only noticed DICE, though...

> As an aside, I thought freeware was going to take precedence over
> shareware.  What happened?

I never said the outgoing submissions were going to be sorted
freeware-first.  I did say that I would not post shareware that
*requires* payment, since such postings are essentially commercial.
Asking for payment and requiring payment are two different things, and
Matt is asking.  Regardless, it would require too much effort to sort
the queue by software class (freeware vs. shareware).

> [Tad if you can give a good reason for this apparent favoritism
> I would love to hear about it.]

You may want to consider talking to me about these things via email,
and then if the answers are not to your liking, bring the issue up in a
public forum (perhaps with a suggestion of obtaining a new moderator).
It would show a little more tact...

	...tad